Streamlabs OBS is a desktop streaming app for Windows which is free and perfect for professional streamers. This streaming app makes it easy to add themes, widgets, and several other features which will improve your stream and make it easier for you to manage it as well.
This desktop streaming software enables you to access multiple windows for Streamlabs OBS, video editor, chatbox, etc. at a time. A simplified version of the OBS software, this Streamlabs streaming software has been designed keeping streamers in mind and offers a host of services that will help you grow your streaming channel and boost your viewership.
Download Streamlabs OBS
And the best part is that you can connect it with any streaming channel like Youtube, Facebook Live, Twitch or Mixer. The only drawback of this software is that it can only be used on a Windows OS and not a MAC OS.
In this article, we have outlined a few features of Streamlabs OBS which makes it such an efficient and convenient tool for streaming along with the installation steps to get started with this software.
Features of Streamlabs
An easy-to-setup free desktop streaming software, Streamlabs is designed for professional streamers. This streaming software is also a reliable open broadcasting software that can be used for live streaming. This all-in-one utility offers you numerous overlays and convenient features that make live streaming both fun and effective.
Here are a few features of Streamlabs OBS which make this software such a hit among the streamers.
Easy and Quick Setup
One of the best things about Streamlabs OBS is that it has an easy set up which barely requires any time. So, you can install the software, set it up and then go live in just 60 seconds after installing the application.
If you already have a streaming account then importing it is also easier and will barely take a few seconds for you to get ready streaming.
Editor for Designing Stream
Another great feature of Streamlabs OBS is that once you install and set up the streaming software, you are taken to the Editor dashboard and can streaming whenever you wish. In the Editor tab, you can customize your streaming look by adding or changing scenes, using audio sources and mixers, recording, visual control, and so on.
Dashboard for Easy Management
Another great feature of this streaming software is that it offers you a dashboard that will allow you to access and manage your broadcasts. On this dashboard, you can manage your widgets, donation settings, alert profiles, and so on.
Better Video Encoding
Streamlabs OBS has optimized game-specific x264 and Nvenc Coder settings which ensures that your videos look 2 times better than normal streaming videos. It uses 20% less CPU and still offers you the same or better video quality which makes streaming even more amazing.
Reduces CPU Usage
Another amazing thing about Streamlabs OBS is that it keeps your CPU usage to a minimum. It regularly scans your internet settings and system hardware to optimize the software.
Also, it offers multiple windows feature in the live view which helps reduce CPU usage by 25% and RAM memory as well. So, you can open Streamlabels, dashboard, chat, video, etc. at the same time while utilizing low CPU memory.
Enables Cloud Backup
With Streamlabs, you can access your streams on the go from anywhere in the world. This is because it has a cloud backup setting that completely backs up your streamlabs settings on the cloud.
You can also set up notifications and alerts for your streaming account using beautiful themes and widgets that are available. These alerts can be set up for integrated chats, donations, follows, and so on.
Numerous Themes and Widgets
Finally, one of the most amazing features of Streamlabs OBS is that it has dozens of overlays, widgets, themes, etc. that can be accessed and used by the streamers. You can also customize these by adding or modifying frames or by using the Editor feature to make the desired changes.
Installation Requirements for Streamlabs
In order to set up Streamlabs on your PC, make sure that you have the following system requirements to install and run this software on your desktop.
- Operating System like Windows 7/8/10 or Windows XP or Windows Vista, both 32-bit and 64-bit
- 250 MB minimum available disk space
- Updated Graphics Card and Drivers
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable 32-bit and 64-bit installed on your PC
Here are a few other steps to keep in mind before you download Streamlabs and install it on your PC.
- Update all the software and drivers on your PC and then reboot the desktop.
- Open your firewall for Streamlabs and whitelist it both for public and private network connections.
- Whitelist the executable file or folder of Streamlabs to avoid any issue later on with your anti-virus software.
How to Download and Install Streamlabs
Once your PC is ready to download and install Streamlabs OBS, you simply need to follow the below steps to proceed with the installation process.
- Navigate to the official website of Streamlabs at https://streamlabs.com/ and then click on the ‘Download Streamlabs’ button to start the download.
- Once the download is completed, run the installation file and follow the installation steps on the desktop to complete the process.
- After the installation is complete, run the Streamlabs file to start using it.
- You will be taken to a login page where you can use sign-in using your Youtube, Mixer, or Twitch account. Login to your streaming account.
- Click on the ‘Start Fresh’ button and you would be directed to the next page to set up your streaming account.
- Then, choose the widgets for your account and then click on the ‘Add 3 Widgets’ button to proceed.
- Next, click on the ‘Start’ button on the Optimize page so that the software can choose the best system settings for your PC.
- Now, the set up is complete and you will be taken to the editor where you can start streaming content.