We have a lot of exciting apps these days like Instagram, Tik Tok, etc. which have users from all over the world. One such popular app is the Snapchat app which is a great way to keep connected with your friends in a fun and entertaining manner.
From making Snapchat Streaks with your best friends to sending a text in a photo form, there is a lot you can do with this photo-based app. But while other popular apps like WhatsApp, Instagram, etc. have a web-based version that can be used on a PC, the same is not true for Snapchat.
This is why we have prepared this article where we will take you through the complete process of how you can use Snapchat on your PC.
Remember, there are chances that it might not work for you as Snapchat bans many third-party apps to restrict its access but this method is definitely worth taking a shot.
Snapchat Features and Highlights
I am sure that most of you know or have heard about Snapchat by now. The main premise of the Snapchat app is to send and receive photos and videos which are available for just 24-hours and vanish after they are opened.
Here are a few exciting features of Snapchat which make it such a popular app among the users around the world.
Messages Disappear after a Time
Of course, one of the best things about Snapchat is that the messages disappear once it is read by the receiver. So, whether you have sent a photo or a video, it can only be viewed for a couple of minutes and then it is gone.
So, you can send embarrassing and funny messages without having to worry about the other person holding it over you and embarrassing you later. Now, that’s the dream, right?
Another great feature of Snapchat is that it allows you to upload photos and videos as your status for 24 hours. This is a great way to keep track of your friends’ whereabouts and learn more about the celebrities you like.
You can also keep your friends updated about your life without having to directly send them messages frequently.
Plethora of Filters
One of the best things about the Snapchat app is that it has thousands of filters for photos and videos which make messaging even more fun! You can use voice changing filters or background changing filters to have some fun and can then send them to your friends!
And these filters keep on increasing slowly so you will never run out of new filters to try at Snapchat.
Notification of Screenshots
We all know that when we post photographs on the Internet, anyone can take a screenshot and save them. And you would never be any wiser.
However, that is not the case with the Snapchat app. What’s interesting is that Snapchat doesn’t allow people to take screenshots without informing the sender about it. So, you will always know who took a screenshot of which image and can feel safe and secure when using the app.
How to Download and Install Snapchat on PC
Well, there is no direct way to install Snapchat on PC as it wasn’t designed for the PC. The only way you can use Snapchat on your PC is by downloading an Android emulator. But what is an Android emulator?
Well, an Android emulator is a software that can be downloaded on PC and which mimics the Android platform. As a result, you can easily download from the Google Play Store and run them on your PC.
With this Android emulator, you can also download the official Snapchat app and then use it on your PC. One of the best Android emulators that you could use for Snapchat is Bluestacks. Please follow the below steps to start using Snapchat on your PC.
- Navigate to the official Bluestacks website on https://www.bluestacks.com from your web browser.
- Next, click on the green ‘Download Bluestacks’ button to download the Bluestacks installation file.
- Find the downloaded file and then execute it to start the installer.
- On the Installation window, click on the ‘Install Now’ button and wait for the process to be completed.
- After the installation is complete, open the Bluestacks software and then double-click on the Google Play Store app on the home page.
- You will now need to sign in to your Google account with your phone number/email id to access the Google Play Store App.
- After you are signed in, you will be directed to the Google Play Store app which will look similar to the Android version.
- Now, go to the search bar and type ‘Snapchat’ then hit Enter key to find the app.
- Click on the ‘Install’ button which will be present next to the official Snapchat app and wait for the installation to get completed.
- Then, open the Snapchat app by clicking on the ‘Open’ button and you will be directed to a new tab with Snapchat running on it. Sign in to your Snapchat account and start using the app.
You can now successfully use your Snapchat app on the PC whenever you want.
Installation Requirements for Snapchat
In order to download and install Snapchat, you need to first install an Android emulator like Bluestacks. To install Bluestacks on your PC, you need to fulfill these minimum system requirements:
- You should have Administrator rights on your PC.
- There should be 2 GB RAM memory available and 4 GB available disk space.
- You also need to have Direct X version 9 or higher installed on your PC.
- Have an updated graphics driver on your PC.
If you have Windows Vista, then you need to have Service Pack 2 or higher installed on your PC as well.
Users with Windows XP need to have Service Pack 3 or higher installed on your PC along with Windows Installer 4.5 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2.