Are you tired of incessant notifications on your desktop? Do you wish to keep your PC protected and updated at all times?
|FULL NAME:||Patch My PC|
|FILE SIZE||2.9 MB|
If yes, then downloading Patch My PC software is the best way to do that. This tool uses SCCM to deploy third-party updates and can make it easier for you to troubleshoot issues on your desktop.
In this post, I will discuss in detail how you can download and install PatchMyPC on your desktop as well. Apart from that, I will also cover a few features and requirements of Patch My PC as well so that you are successfully able to install it on your PC and use the features of this software.
About Patch My PC
Patch My PC is an easy-to-use program that helps you keep over 300 software and apps updated on your PC. This free tool makes it easy for you to install and update programs on your computer automatically.
This portable application makes it easier to create, test, troubleshoot, and deploy applications in your server environment. With this automation tool, you end up saving not only time and money on keeping your third-party applications updated but also improve the security of these updates.
Hackers usually love systems with outdated and faulty software as it becomes easier for them to access your server. This is why keeping the applications on your PC is important as it fixes the bugs, performance issues, etc. on your desktop. And Patch My PC helps in achieving exactly that. It scans your PC for any outdated application and makes patching it easier.
Features of Patch My PC
Here are a few features of Patch My PC that will make it easier for you to keep your applications updated:
Patch My PC has a user-friendly interface which makes it easier to understand and access this application. When you run this application, it quickly scans your computer for any outdated software and presents a list of all the software which may or may not need updating.
In the list, applications that are marked green are updated and the ones marked in red require an update. Then, it automatically selects the apps which need updating and displays the latest version and the installation option. You then have the option to manually choose which application you wish to install the update for.
Updates Applications and Keep a Backup
As discussed above, Patch My PC shows you a list of applications that need the update along with their latest versions as well. So, with a single click, you can get multiple software updates at a time. However, to ensure that there is no stability issue while updating multiple applications at the same time, this application also saves a restore point before the updates start. Also, it closes any program which could potentially disrupt the updates.
You can also use this tool to allow or disallow third-party applications to run every time your system reboots. This is a good feature as many times, you don’t need a particular software to run in the background. Plus, you can always use Patch My PC to uninstall applications that you aren’t going to use in the coming future.
App Management SCCM
Patch My PC doesn’t just patch the applications on your desktop but also allows you to create applications that will help you in the initial product deployment in SCCM. This can include a range of products like descriptions, icons, keywords, and so on.
It also keeps your base installs automatically updated so you don’t need to deploy or wait for the outdated apps to get updated. In SCCM, there are installations methods like task sequencing, collection deployments, etc. which allow you to initially install the products. And the best part is that the SCCM administrator handles most of the work so you end up saving a lot of time.
Installation Requirements for Patch My PC
Before you download and install Patch My PC on your desktop, make sure that you have the following prerequisite software and services already installed on your PC.
- Operating Systems like Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, Windows 10 x64
- Install Patch My PC on a top-most WSUS/SUP server
- Install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, if not already available on PC.
- If you have WSUS 3.0 SP2 server, then install KB2938066 on your servers as well.
How to Download and Install Patch My PC
Once you have gone through the system requirements and downloaded other software on your PC, you can start the installation process for Patch My PC on your desktop. Follow the below-mentioned steps to download and install it on your PC.
- Head to the official website of Patch My PC at https://patchmypc.com/ to download the software.
- On the Patch My PC website, hover your ‘Consumers’ menu tab and then click on the ‘Download’ option.
- On the download page, click on the ‘Download Patch My PC Home Updater’ button. This button will also mention the latest software version. Wait for the download to be completed before you initiate the installation process. You have two options for the download process:
- You can choose a 30-day trial subscription that will offer you full access to Patch My PC software. You will be able to add all the supported products in the catalog with this method.
- Another method is to download the Publishing Service MSI, install it, and then enable the trial-mode directly. However, this option will give you access to limited product publishing only.
- Now, head to the download folder where the PatchMyPC MSI installer file is saved. Next, right-click on the MSI installation file and click on ‘Run as administrator’ option to start the installation process.
- Follow the instructions of the Installation wizard and wait for the installation to be completed.
- Once the installation is complete, you will need to configure Patch My PC and then it will be ready to use to update software and drivers on your PC.