Digital mode of writing and keeping important notes has been revolutionised by the powerful software Notability. It has been designed to support all sorts of digital notes and annotation, which eliminates the need for paper. Notability is one of the Apple Mac’s apps of the year.
It is highly useful for students, teachers and professionals. It is very compatible with a plethora of tools to support all forms of note-making. Therefore, in this article, you will come across 10 best alternative websites or software for windows and Mac. But, before that let us look at some of the key features of this astounding application.
Key features of Notability
- It allows you to streamline your workflow as you can go complete paper-free in your classrooms, offices, etc.
- You can digitally sign and share your document using notability. It allows you to lock your important files using touch password.
- The application has a simple drop-down control system. You can drop images, videos, recordings, etc. on the notability screen.
- It supports 14 different languages. Thus, you can select the matching word from the library and convert your hand-written notes into a digital form easily.
- Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colours.
- It supports the multi-note feature to save your time as you can create multi-note at a time and switch between them.
- You can show your creativity using custom colours, dropboxes, colourful borders, text boxes, and much more.
- You can create perfect shapes using ink. Ink can be scaled, transformed, rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
- It allows you to Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more. All these conversions to PDF happen on your device, so your information stays private.
- Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments. It also provides online cloud sync on your device.
10 Best Alternatives for PC and Mac
Microsoft OneNote is a powerful application that resembles Notability. It allows you to hand-write, type, draw, or clip content from the internet in the form of notes. Moreover, the software provides a free draw, flexible and easy-to-use canvas similar to your notebook’s page.
Simplenote is a note-taking app that features cloud synchronization and other apps used to access various platforms. The open-source software was created by Automattic, a company linked to WordPress. Its design features a highly efficient search tool and tags that will help you find specific notes. It is compatible with Linux, Windows, OSX, Android and iOS.
Evernote provides several tools and features to create endless notes and save in one user account. It allows you to sync, and save your typed notes, recordings, and other files in one convenient space in your device. You can use Evernote cloud to store large files.
Notezilla provides a virtual sticky note feature to store your notes and other important files. One of the features that make Notezilla the most useful sticky notes application is the ability to sync notes between multiple desktops, smartphones and other devices. Also, you can also send sticky notes to anyone using the cloud environment.
RedNotebook is open-source software for Linux, Mac and Windows. It acts as a digital journal or diary. Also, it customises the hand-written notes format across different platforms. Additionally, It supports the transfer of your files within various computers. You can add images, graphics, recordings, etc. to your note conveniently.
WorkFlowy is designed to make effective digital notes and lists. It has an easy-to-use interface. Anyone can use it without any training. Moreover, it has been widely used by professionals due to its powerful tools and features. With the help of WorkFlowy, you can manage every piece of vital information that you have to deal with on a daily basis.
Google Keep is an interactive cross-platform note-making application. It allows auto-saving of the notes in the user’s Google account on PC, Mac and iOS. In other words, it utilises free handwritten notes, checklists, speech-to-text, and typed texts in the console.
Standard Notes is a private notes application that allows you to store your important texts, pictures, visuals, etc. Moreover, it has powerful end-to-end encryption support. It also provides powerful extensions in a user-friendly environment. Next, it is available as an open-source application.
Alternote is an integrated note-making application for Mac OS X. It serves as an organising as well as note-making application. The software helps you focus on writing notes and other information by dimming the appearance of the interface and giving you the option to hide the sidebar, while you are in writing mode.
WikidPad is a standard digital notepad application. It is backed by wiki pages to create creative texts and notes. You can use this application for reminders, to-do-lists, thoughts or simply jotting down essential points. It provides links to easily connect and share.