WeatherBug is a weather reporting software developed by GroundTruth. The software is available on Windows, Mobile and Mac OS and features a smooth interface for regular use. The software is used mostly by both novices and professionals, with weather information being displayed right at the desktop. The software was launched in 2000 and received an award for Outstanding Services to Meteorology in 2014.
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
Features of WeatherBug
- WeatherBug gives precise live forecasts and weather conditions right at the desktop.
- The software allows users to view maps, radar, live cameras and also live news regarding the weather.
- Live camera features allow the user to watch traffic feeds and shots of their city and the local areas.
- General community discussion regarding the weather can also be viewed by the user.
- Interactive map features help users show where traffic cams and weather conditions are located.
- Users can also change the temperature viewing color and scale for better viewing.
- Users can also disable the visual tips on the screen if they do not want to see the points.
- Silent notification features help users to disable all kinds of tips and notifications about the weather.
- Weather Fun feature consists of videos, photos and some fun trivia games.
- Users can also manage proxy settings of the page.
- WeatherBug has the TRUSTe privacy seal in its website, which assures users that any kind of user data will not be shared.
- Microsoft AntiSpyware department also flagged the website to be a low-risk website for users.
- Due to its less user need of system resources, users can access any of its help files that are available online.
- Users can also learn about any issues related to flu, cold and allergies.
- Users can also find out the air quality of any certain region.
- The software is currently available only in the United States, but users can watch the weather conditions of the United States from anywhere in the world.
- WeatherBug is currently being used by many TV networks and private schools for live weather tracking and precise reports.
Installation Requirements for WeatherBug
To install WeatherBug on PC, make sure that the following requirements are met.
- PC – Make sure that your PC is on Windows 7 or higher with at least 4 GB of RAM.
How to Download WeatherBug on Windows
Follow the below steps to download and install WeatherBug on your PC:
- Go to WeatherBug’s website, and go to Downloads.
- Click on Download Now.
- Select ‘Save’ to download the program. The file will be saved in the Downloads folder.
- If you want to save in a specified folder on your desktop, then click on ‘Save As’ and select the folder you want the program to be saved.
- After the download is complete click on the .exe file.
- The installation process will start.
- Run the installation package.
- Wait until the update completes
- Follow the Windows installation instructions and select options accordingly.
- Click on Finish to complete the installation.
- The program icon will appear on the desktop.
- Select the icon to start the application.