UNetbootin is software that is used for creating bootable USB drives. By using this software, anyone can make a bootable drive for Linux distributions, e.g. fedora, Ubuntu, mint, Lenux, Gentoo and much more. This is a cross-platform which means that we can use it on the windows, Linux and Mac.
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
Its installation is non-destructive, so we don’t have to worry about the damage of our hands which means it does not make any changes in the hard drive of the system. It enables us to boot the whole operating system from USB as it will help in repairing the system. It can be used with any storage device USB such as hard drives of external nature.
UNetbootin allows you to make bootable Live USB drives for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions without burning a CD. You can either let UNetbootin download one among the various distributions supported out-of-the-box for you, or supply your own Linux .iso file.
Features of UNetbootin:
- It is free bootable user creator software.
- It automatically detects USB flash drives in the computer, as it helps us in protection from inexperienced users from corrupting their hard drive accidentally. The interface remains much clearer.
- It is a cross-platform which means that it can be used on any computer to make a bootable USB stick from the iso file. It also makes it much viable it can be suggested to anyone without having issues about the operating system they are working on.
- It supports mainstream Linux distributions like Fedora, OpenSuse, Gentoo, centos, arch Linux, mepix, Mandriva moreover FreeBSD, NetBSD and freedos.
- It automatically detects all removable devices.
- It is a non-destructive install.
- It includes varieties of system utilities such as backtrack and ophcrack.
- It supports most distros in common for download. We can choose to download any mainstream operating system automatically. It will help users of browsing hassle through web pages in search of the download.
- There is an issue where it may destroy your USB process.
- Sometimes uninstallers are not supported.
- It may not work sometimes.
- It can have problems with auto turn if we install more than one distribution.
- License- Free (GPL)
- Latest update- Jan 24, 2020
- Platform- Windows
- OS- Windows 2000
- Language- English
- Downloads- 49K
- Developer- Arpad Kovacs
- Type- live USB
- Website- Unetbootin.github.io
- Operating system- Microsoft Windows, Mac, Linux
- Written in C++ (Qt 4)
How to download it?
The main question arises how to download it given below are the steps for download of this software
- Firstly installing UNetbootin is not easy; you have to download it from their official site.
- Then you have to open the folder and launch the installer.
- You have to access the software. It is user friendly as it shows only one window.
- You will have two options to choose from two different scenarios.
- This software manages everything, and it gives a list of open source and free operating systems along with their new versions.
- Your software will get downloaded.
- Now you have to choose the install option.
- You have to indicate where the iso image of your file is booted through USB location.
- Click on ok, and that’s it!
UNetbootin will manage everything, and it will let you know when it gets downloaded.
How to download it on Mac
With Mac, you have to adopt the same method as earlier used with pc/laptop no matter whether you use Mac, Linux or windows, things differ very little and remain easy.