Many of us think that their Android device can be converted into a hacking machine. This can be made possible using the Termux application. However, it has many other features apart from this. Termux is a Linux Terminal Emulator application that allows you to access the command-line interface of your device. As you might know, a shell command-line allows you to manipulate the OS by providing various commands. You should have some skills or knowledge to use it before installing the application.
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
Termux is a powerful program that takes instructions and runs scripts. Termux allows you to install several tools and run different scripts for pen-testing. Similarly, Termux can connect to your device’s file system to perform different operations. Termux has a very simple graphical user interface that allows you to access the terminal interface. At the same time, Termux is similar in use as Ubuntu and Debian Linux distributions but, without Filesystem Hierarchy Standard.
Termux allows you to easily install many useful hacking tools on your device. For instance, Nmap, Metasploit, Wireshark, sqlmap, etc. There is no rooting or setup required to use Termux. You can use it by following the steps mentioned in this article in your PC. There are several packages available to install within the Termux environment and Package manager. It allows you to use the python console as a pocket calculator and check out projects with git.
Key features of the application
- Termux allows you to enjoy the bash and zsh shells. It supports full Linux terminal command line emulation.
- You can manage files within nnn and edit them with nano, vim, or emacs. The Termux API allows you to access Chrome hardware features.
- The application is fully customisable. You can manage colour schemes and powerline-ready fonts for the Termux Terminal.
- It allows you to access servers over ssh and develop in C with clang, make and gdb.
- You can anytime install and use additional packages apart from a minimal package system which will get installed while using it for the first time.
How to Download and Install Termux on PC using Bluestacks
In order to use Termux on your PC, you need an android emulator application like Bluestacks. Bluestacks is a powerful tool with a plethora of features. Mentioned below are the steps to use it:
- You need to download and install the Bluestacks software on your PC from the official website. Bluestacks has an easy-to-use interface and structured layout.
- After installing, launch the application on your PC by double-clicking on the icon.
- A window will be displayed, go to My Apps button and click it.
- In the search bar, type “Termux” and use the search button.
- From the search results, choose the appropriate file.
- Install the file from the list.
- You need to log in to your google account to access the Google Playstore app to download Termux using Bluestacks.
- After login, the app will start to install. Finish the installation and click on it to use Linux Command Line easily.
How to Download and Install Termux on PC using Nox
You can download Termux on your PC and Mac by using a Nox player application. It supports various apps. Read the steps described below to use Nox player:
- You need to previously install Nox Application in your device from the official website. It has many intriguing features.
- Launch the Nox Player application on your PC after installation.
- You need to login into your Google account to access the content of Nox Player.
- You can find a search button on the Nox window, type “Termux” and hit the search button.
- From the search results, install Termux on your Nox folder.
- Start the app after installation in the installed apps section to enjoy using various development tools and features.