Stronghold Crusader is a real-time strategy game developed by Firefly Studios. The game is a sequel to the game Stronghold. Released in 2002, and is set in the Middle East by the Crusaders. The game sold over 100,000 copies in the United States and received favourable reviews by gamers and critics. By popular demand, a more advanced version was released in 2008 called Stronghold: Crusader Extreme. In 2012, Firefly Studios announced that they would be releasing a sequel to the game as Stronghold Crusader II.
|FULL NAME:||Stronghold Crusader|
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
Features of Stronghold Crusader
Players will get the chance to relive the historical times of Arabia by getting to play as Richard the Lionheart, The Caliph and the Saladin, the Sultan of Syria. The player gets to lead a determined group of crusaders, that was forged by centuries of barbaric warfare. The gameplay is pretty similar to the predecessor game Stronghold, except that this game is set in the Middle East.
The game consists of several real-time strategy campaigns. These include the First, Second and the Third Crusade along with the conflicts of the individual Crusader States. The games consist of many battles like the Siege of Antioch, Battles of Nicea, Heraclea, Krak Des Chevaliers, and also the Siege of Jerusalem. There are a total of 50 levels in the game with an additional 30 levels in the form of a Crusade Trail. All historical chapters have to be completed by the player with the help of the elements given to them at the start of the game.
Stronghold Crusaders contains many AI-controlled boss lords in the Skirmish mode. Users can choose whether these characters can be their enemies of allies. These characters communicate with the player with the help of individual binks that are short story videos where the characters can ask for help or assistance if they are the player’s allies or taunting the players and showing remorse when under siege if the characters are the player’s enemy.
The game contains a total of 8 AI Lords, also including the enemies from the previous game Stronghold – The Pig, The Snake, The Rat, and The Wolf. The bosses Emperor Fredrick, King Philip, and the Sheriff are available for free to download whereas the bosses The Wazir, The Emir, Nizar, The Marshal, and the Abbot are available to download by purchasing the Warchest Package. However, on popular demand, these additional bosses were included in the full package in Steam to download.
In 2008, Firefly Studios announced Stronghold: Crusader Extreme which was a more enhanced version of the game. The game consists of new games, and maps, different kinds of AI bosses, a brand-new crusader extreme trail and a battle featuring over more than 100,000 units.
Installation Requirements for Stronghold Crusader
To install Stronghold Crusader on PC, make sure that the following requirements are met.
- PC – Make sure that your PC is on Windows 7 or higher with at least 4 GB of RAM.
- Compatibility Mode is enabled.
How to Download Stronghold Crusader on Windows
Follow the below steps to download and install Stronghold Crusader on your PC:
- Go to Stronghold Crusader’s website, and go to Downloads.
- Click on Download Now.
- Select ‘Save’ to download the program. The file will be saved in the Downloads folder.
- If you want to save in a specified folder on your desktop, then click on ‘Save As’ and select the folder you want the program to be saved.
- After the download is complete click on the .exe file.
- The installation process will start.
- Run the installation package.
- Wait until the update completes
- Follow the Windows installation instructions and select options accordingly.
- Click on Finish to complete the installation.
- The program icon will appear on the desktop.
- Select the icon to start the application.