Star Wars: The Old Republic is a multi-player online role-playing game (MMORPG) that is free and can be played by all. While it is a particular favorite of the Star Wars saga fans, anyone who loves playing role-playing games is definitely going to like SWTOR and will find it challenging and fun.
You can play through 60 story levels in this game and even get free access as a subscriber to expansions including Onslaught, Knights of the Fallen Empire, etc.
Download Star Wars: The Old Republic Game
That’s not all, you also have a chance to form your own storyline in the game by picking any character of your choice. You can play as a Sith, Jedi, Trooper, Bounty Hunter, and so on to build your own reputation in the galaxy.
In this article, I will be outlining a few of the highlights of this game and the process of installing SWTOR on your PC so that you can start playing one of the best games in the galaxy.
Highlights of Star Wars: The Old Republic Game
Star Wars: The Old Republic is one of the most interesting role-playing games that gives you the freedom to choose whether you wish to take the path to light or darkness. And each choice that you make helps your story unfold that can often lead to surprise plot twists or frightening consequences.
Here are a few highlights of this game that makes it such an addictive game for all the gamers out there.
Make your Story
One of the best things about SWTOR is that it allows the users to choose their own character and their own story path. You travel through the galaxy in the game to complete missions, fly your own Starfighter, battle in space combats, and even build rest places to enjoy your spoils.
You have the option to choose from any of the 8 iconic roles to experience an epic life in your own Star Wars saga.
Free Subscription for Perks
In SWTOR, you can also subscribe to the game to access story expansions to make it more interesting for you. That’s not all, you will also receive additional character options, more experience, 500 Cartel Coins monthly, and so on.
The monthly reward of cartel coins can then be used at the Cartel market inside the game to get armor and weaponry sets, character boosts, etc. to customize your character.
Meet other Characters
Another great highlight of SWTOR is that you meet a lot of other characters while exploring the galaxy. You can choose to befriend these characters or betray them; it is entirely up to you. However, whether you decide to befriend, romance, or betray them, always remember that all your choices have a consequence.
This makes the game even more interesting as there is no right or wrong answer here and you get to build your own interesting story with the choices that you make.
Play with Friends
Finally, you can choose to travel through the galaxy alone or you can join your friends for more fun and excitement. You can choose to complete solo missions or you can choose to engage in Player vs Player warzones for a little more challenge.
Apart from that, you can also join groups to beat the strongest enemies in the galaxy and also have the option to hang out and chill with your friends on the Fleet once the battle is over.
Installation Requirements for Star Wars: The Old Republic Game
Now, before you being with the download and installation process for Star Wars: The Old Republic game, make sure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements to play the game.
Here are a few system requirements that you would need to play Star Wars: The Old Republic on your PC.
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
- CPU Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz or better, AMD Sempron 3600+ or higher
- RAM: 1 GB or more
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 205, AMD Radeon HD 6250 or higher
- Available Space on Hard Drive: 15 GB
Recommended System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or higher
- RAM: 3 GB or higher
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 610, AMD Radeon HD 7450 or better
- Available Space on Hard Drive: 15 GB
How to Download and Install Star Wars: The Old Republic on PC
Once you have ensured that your PC meets the minimum system requirements to play Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR), you can proceed with the download process and install the game on your PC.
Follow the below steps to download Star Wars: The Old Republic game on your PC:
- Head to the official website of Star Wars: The Old Republic at http://www.swtor.com/.
- Next, click on the ‘Play Free’ menu tab and then create an account by filling out the necessary details.
- Wait for the Validation email on your email address and click on the link to validate your email.
- Set a password for your account and save it. Your account for SWTOR is successfully created now.
- You will now be displayed the option to download the SWTOR game for your PC so click on the ‘Download’ button.
- Wait for the download to get completed.
Installing Star Wars: The Old Republic on PC
After the download is completed, follow the below steps to install and launch SWTOR on your PC.
- Head to the Downloads folder where the SWTOR Setup file has been saved.
- Next, right-click on the SWTOR setup .exe file and select the option ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Follow the installation steps as displayed on your PC and wait for the game to be completely installed and a desktop shortcut to appear.
- After the game is installed, reboot your system once and then launch the game.
Star Wars: The Old Republic is now successfully installed on your PC and is ready to use.