To create, edit, and manage databases, SQL programming language plays a vital role. From multinational corporations to individual developers, they all use SQL databases. Moreover, there is no such alternative for SQL because of its highly advanced and efficient features. Hence, whether you want to create a database for your own industry or work with any corporate client, you need an integrated workspace like SQL Developer.
|FULL NAME:||SQL Developer|
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
SQL Developer application provides a well-organised workspace, where you can keep a track of your work. Therefore, working with multiple SQL files and tables have become easier. It supports a lot of object-relational databases such as Firebird, Excel, dBASE, and more. SQL Developed has gained huge popularity among different stakeholders because of its easy to use interface and intuitive controls.
SQL Developer allows you to explore the contents of your database using the connection tree and objects. For instance, tables, packages, queues, sequences, indexes, directories, XML Schemas, Scheduler, and so on. So, users can manipulate or view the selected objects on the basis of the granted permissions. One significant feature of SQL Developer is its worksheet. The SQL worksheets execute SQL statements, scripts, anonymous blocks, etc.
Minimum System Requirements
SQL Developer supports a variety of utilities and services. But, your system should have the minimum hardware utilities mentioned below to install SQL Developer on it.
Operating System: Windows XP/7/8/10
CPU: Intel Pentium IV 2 GHz or faster processor
RAM: 1 GB
Hard Disk Space: 110 MB
Direct X: Version 9.0
Graphics Card: at least 8 MB of video memory and the minimum resolution 1024×768.
Operating System: Apple Mac OS X Version 10.4x
CPU: Dual 1.25 GHz G4/G5
RAM: 1.5 GB
Hard Disk Space: 110 MB
Display: “Thousands” of colours
Key features of the application
- SQL Developer provides an integrated development environment aka IDE for the SQL programming language.
- It offers well-maintained and interactive workspace. Hence, you can work on multiple scripts and files using SQL Developer.
- SQL Developer ships with support for Subversion and Git by default. Therefore, users can optionally add support via extensions for CVS and Perforce.
- It also allows you to generate reports for your work. This is because reports make large data interpretation easier.
- In conclusion, SQL Developer provides a plethora of tools for creating and managing databases using the SQL programming language. For instance, unit testing, Modeler, RESTful services, etc.
How to Download and install SQL Developer on your PC and Mac
You need to confirm that your system contains the minimum requirements listed above. So, to enjoy using it on your PC or Mac, you need to adhere to the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, you need to install the Sun Java J2SE JDK 5.0 (update 6 or later) on your device if you don’t have it previously. For this, you can follow the link: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp
- After that, you can click on the link available on this page to download the zip file for SQL DEveloper application. Wait for a few seconds for the download to begin.
- After the downloading completes, locate the zip file in your device. Hence, you need to unzip it using .rar application.
- So, unzip the file into the “SQL Developer” folder and open it.
- Now, you can launch the application from this folder on your device and configure the environment and path variable as per your system settings.