Super Nintendo Entertainment System, abbreviated to SNES, is a 4th generation video game console that was released in 1990 by Nintendo. Also known as Famicom, SNES has some amazing game titles such as Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario, etc. that made it popular among gamers around the world.
|FULL NAME:||SNES ROMs|
|FILE SIZE||2.9 MB|
SNES was one of the most successful gaming consoles with improved graphics, sound effects, 16-bit, and additional chips. However, it was discontinued in 2003 and is not available for buying anymore. Don’t worry, you don’t need a Super NES console to play its games anymore. All you need is a SNES emulator and SNES game ROMs and you can play the games on your PC, tablets, or mobile phones.
A SNES ROM is a file that was created from a SNES video game that contains the entire game data as on the video game cartridge. You can open and play this game file on your PC or other devices with the help of a SNES emulator.
Top 5 SNES Emulators
To play the SNES ROMs on your devices, you need to first download a compatible SNES Emulators. Check out these top 5 SNES Emulators that work on different devices such as Android, Windows, Mac, etc.
RetroArch is a multi-system emulator that allows you to enjoy SNES games on a variety of platforms. This emulator includes several features like controller support, rewinding, netplay, and so on.
Another amazing emulator that supports multiple consoles is Higan that can play every commercial SNES game that was ever released. This emulator can easily work on Windows, Linux, and Mac systems.
SNES9x is an easy to use emulator that works on both new and outdated devices. This emulator can run immediately after extraction and can play all the SNES titles without any lags or bugs.
OpenEMU is a multi-system emulator that works amazingly on Mac systems. It is easy to use and has a simple UI and supports several input methods.
ZSNES is another effective Super Nintendo emulator that is easy to use and can run most SNES titles with great ease. It offers features such as boost video output, recently played games list, saved games, etc.
How to run SNES Roms on an emulator
You can follow the below steps to run SNES ROMs on your device with the help of a suitable emulator and play your favorite games on any device.
- Choose a SNES emulator that is compatible with your device and platform and then download the emulator.
- After download, extract the contents of the .zip file of the emulator and double-click on the installer file to begin the installation process.
- Follow all the installation process to complete the installation and then close the emulator.
- Now, search for the SNES game ROMs and download them from a trusted website.
- Extract the contents of the .zip file and save the games’ ISO files in an easily accessible location.
- Launch the SNES emulator and connect your controller to the device and configure the controller.
- Now, load the game ISO files by going to the folder where they are saved. Once the game is loaded, you can start playing it immediately. The next time you launch the emulator, you will see all the games on the screen and you can start the games directly by clicking on it.