SmartGit is a Git Repository Client that provides graphical access to the Git Repositories. So, if are you looking for an easier way to track changes in your program files? Well then, try out SmartGit for such a purpose of yours. Syntevo developed SmartGit. You won’t even have to add additional tools as it already comes with GitHub, Bitbucket and Gitlab.
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
If you are looking for a Git Client, then SmartGit is perfect for you. It is a Git Client, but it can also connect to SVN repositories. No need to download additional tools for the pull, commit or push, you can easily do this through the integration of GitHub, Gitlab and Bitbucket. Moreover, SmartGit is not only limited to this, but you can even add your repositories in it.
Some of the features of SmartGit along with the ways of downloading it is mentioned in this article.
Features of SmartGit
Certain features of SmartGit will tell you why you should use SmartGit? Some of the features of SmartGit are as follows:
The SmartGit includes an intuitive interface in any of the platforms you download it on. Its interface contains graphical merge, commit history, commit merging, rebase, and drag/drop commit reordering. You can now use the software on any of your devices without any difficulties. The comfortable, user-friendly interface gives you more benefits.
Tools already included:
Unlike some Git Clients, you won’t have to add tools as it is already integrated with the same. SmartGit includes File Compare, Graphical Merge and Commit history, File Merge, SSH-Client, Command line Git Client and Git-Flow as well. What else would you need from a Git Client?
Customization as per Workflow:
You can easily customize SmartGit so that it matches your preferences and workflow without any hassle. You can customize it in different ways- Compare or Conflict solver tools, keyboard shortcuts, Toolbars, Preferences to Merge and rebase, layout for changing the view, syntax colouring, and themes (Light and Dark).
Integrated Version-Control Platforms:
SmartGit also includes version control platforms like GitHub, Gitlab or Bitbucket for the pull, push and commit issues. Not only can you use the integrated ones, but you can also add your Git repositories if you want.
Minimum Installation Requirements for SmartGit
If you want to download SmartGit on your PC, then you will have to check specific requirements that your PC must meet to have SmartGit on it. Please do make sure that your PC meets the following conditions:
- The operating system required for SmartGit is windows 7, 8 and 10.
- Both 32-Bit and 64-bit processors will do, but 64-Bit is recommended.
- It would be best if you had JRE installed on your PC.
Download and Install SmartGit on your PC
Now, if you have checked that your PC meets the requirements necessary for SmartGit, then you can download it. The steps to download SmartGit are as follows:
- First of all, download SmartGit on your PC from the download button provided here.
- That way, you will be able to download the zip file for SmartGit.
- Then, save the file on your PC.
- After that, open the folder where you saved the zip file for SmartGit.
- After that, right-click on the file, and click on the extract here option from the dropdown menu.
- When the extraction is done, a new setup file will be available next to the zip file.
- Then double-click on the setup. File for SmartGit.
- After that, an installer program for SmartGit will come up.
- Then, follow the steps provided in the installer program.
- Let the software install after that.
- Then, you will be able to access the Git Client from your Desktop.