Developed by Dutch company Sketch B.V for mac devices, Sketch is a vector graphic editor. Released in the year 2010, was also a recipient of Apple Design Award in the year 2012.
|FULL NAME:||Sketch for Windows|
|FILE SIZE||53.8 MB|
What is Sketch?
The software is created primarily for the designers for element creation that is a reflection of their ideas. In the original file, users can apply effects and modifications easily. The live preview of the designs made by the designers can be viewed easily on the iOS device. Sketch Cloud support makes this software more advance and if users have some queries they are immediately answered.
Sketch’s Workflow is quite flexible as the software supports multiple pages and Artboards. Users can reuse the elements quickly and easily by powerful features like Symbols and Shared Styles. You can also create complex shapes easily with state of the art boolean operations. The application’s workflow is based on a vector that makes it easy to create easy and beautiful high-quality artwork from start to finish.
The important feature of this software includes the crafting of UI and UX of the mobile apps and website. The designs which are created can be used by the app engineers and the web developers. The important feature of this application is that the Sketch files can be saved in its own format (.sketch) but users can save the in the formats they desire which range from PNG, TIFF and JPG.
List of Features of Sketch
- Non-Destructive Editing:- Using this feature users can apply changes and effects to the original file can be revert back instead of destroying the images.
- Exporting Capabilities:- This software allows users to share their presets and code.
- Reusable Elements:– Symbol is a feature in Sketch that allows its users to create designing elements, icons, and more. In this way, users don’t have to create every time these elements fo their use and can be reused any number of time.
- Community Support:– User with the help of Sketch Community can address their issue and they will receive feedback regarding their concern.
- Native:- The app is designed particularly for Mac and it fully utilizes the power of a Mac OS. The beautiful Retina screen and also some features like Auto-Saves and Versions.
- Real-Time Preview:- You can mirror iPhone, iPads including the web browser for free.
- The Inspector:- The inspector feature is completely redesigned in the new versions of the Sketch. In each object, users can control the dimensioning, opacity, blending modes, and more.
- Objects:- Shapes created by the users are the item in the Layers’ List. Complex Shapes can be created with the help of path combinations and boolean operations, although all the parts can be edited easily by the users.
- Precision:- Vector’s other meaning is scalability. The vector feature of this application can easily adapt to style changing, size, and layouts thus making users’ work a lot easier. Fine-tuning can be done which means the pixels can be managed by the users.
How to Download and Install Sketch for Windows PC using Virtual Box
- Download and install Virtual Box onto your computer. Set up Virtual Box and install it onto a drive with lots of free hard disk space.
- Download a copy of the macOS Sierra onto your computer and extract the contents.
- Open Virtual Box and select New to create the VM.
- Give it a meaningful name.
- Set the Guest OS as Apple Mac OS X and the version as Mac OS X 10.11 or 10.12.
- Allocate as much memory as you can and select create a virtual disk now.
- Select Create.
- Select the new virtual disk and select Settings.
- Remove the Hard disk and select Use an Existing Virtual Disk.
- Navigate to your download of Sierra and select the Sierra.vmdk file.
- Navigate to Documents\Virtual Machines in Windows Explorer and right-click the VMX file.
- Paste ‘smc.version = “0” ‘ to the end of the file and save it.
- Select the System tab in Settings and make sure that Floppy is not checked and in the Acceleration tab, check the box next to Intel VT-x.
- Select OK to leave Settings and select the green Start arrow to load the VM.
How to Run Sketch on your PC
So now you should have a working copy of the macOS Sierra running in a VM within Windows. Now, there are still a couple of things to do before we get Sketch up and running.
- Open Terminal within your Apple VM
- Type ‘./vmware-resolutionSet 1920 1080’ to set a usable resolution.
Now your Apple desktop should be much more usable. Now you can purchase and download a copy of the Sketch from the App Store.
- Open your macOS Sierra VM and select the Apple icon in the top left.
- Select App Store and perform any system updates listed there.
- Search for Sketch and select Get. Let it download and install it onto your computer.