What Is Silverlight?
Microsoft Silverlight is a highly powerful and creative tool that is used to build interactive applications on web. These applications can be run on any browser, irrespective of the coding language and format used. The Silverlight plug-in is modelled according to the .NET framework and is freely available on all kinds of platforms. This brings web interactivity to a whole new level. Silverlight is sometimes compared to the Adobe Flash plug-in because of the way it tackles multimedia streaming. But unlike Adobe Flash, its lifetime is being cut short. Reportedly, Microsoft plans on terminating Silverlight support in Internet Explorer 11 browser by next October, thereby eradicating the plug-in from all web browsers. So you have all but a year to exploit this plug-in brilliant functionality.
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
Key Features Of Silverlight
This PivotViewer assembles all the web data in one massive slideshow carousel. You can go sift through the information as you like.
Build Mobile Apps
Using Silverlight, a user can create multiple mobile apps using the interactive tools left at his disposal. These tools are quite simple to use and help to instantly build mobile apps without prior knowledge of any sort. The entire package comprises over 60 out-of-the-box controls that make the virtual sandbox immensely enjoyable. Browse through catalogues of templates, graphical designs and media animations right here in Silverlight.
You might have images the size of thumbnails in your galleries. Or maybe you want to focus on one spot of a picture without blurring the rest of it. Well, with Silverlight’s powerful magnifying tool, you can zoom into both still and moving images in high definition format. Sounds great, doesn’t it? You will be hard-pressed to find a magnifying glass as powerful as Silverlight.
Now gain the best live streaming experience you will ever have whilst building applications. Every element added and changes made in the layout of the app will be reflected in real-time. This increases the developer’s ability to gauge how the final product will look. Put up your app in the Windows’ marketplace and become a freelance app developer of the best kind.
How To Download And Install It On PC
To download this software on your PC, open the following link:
- When you open the link, you are directed to the official Microsoft site from where you can download the Silverlight App.
- You will find a ‘Download on PC’ button on your screen. Click it to start downloading.
- Your zip file will download in a few seconds. After it does, extract the files from it and save them to your directory.
- Now go to this directory and open the folder. You will find multiple Silverlight files. Double click the one that has .exe extension.
- Proceed with installation instructions. Soon, you will be able to run Silverlight on your PC.
How To Download And Install It On Mac
Go to the link: https://mac.filehorse.com/download-silverlight/. This is where you will find a direct download link for the software.
- Once you click on the download link, a zip file will be downloads to your system.
- Extract the contents of this file into another folder.
- Open this folder and find the file that has .exe extension. Upon clicking it, the installation window will pop up. Sift through the instructions quickly.
- And finally, Silverlight will be available for use on your Mac