Remix OS is an operating system software developed by Jidle Technology. The OS was designed for personal computers with compatibility to run android-based apps on an intel-powered PC. The OS was released in 2016 and were three different versions – Remix OS for PC, Remix Ultratablet and Remix OS for Remix Mini. The OS was available to download for free and was a big hit among users. Even though of its huge fame, the company had to discontinue due to compatibility issues with Google Apps. In 2017, the company officially declared to discontinue its OS with consumer space. Even still, users are still working on the OS to improve the project like PhoenixOS and PrimeOS.
|FULL NAME:||Remix OS|
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
Features of Remix OS
- The OS is a pure mix of Android and Windows with Android running in the background and Windows taking on the visual front.
- Due to its support to 32-bit architecture, users can revive any of their old computers with this OS.
- Remix allows user to multitask pretty smoothly.
- The taskbar, system tray and start menu are some of the highlights to look out for in the OS.
- Remix consists of a right-side notification bar that is similar to the Mac OS X notification bars.
- The OS also supports keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+C, Ctrl+S, etc.
- Remix is also compatible with right-click mouse features.
- The OS consists of a file manager that is similar to the file manager application in Linux.
- Due to its integration with MS Office’s Android version, users can also use Microsoft Office Apps in Remix.
- Integrated Search in the start menu helps users to find their apps faster.
- The built-in RAM management in the OS helps to clear cache and RAM usage. Users can do this by clicking on a small button in the taskbar.
- Users can pin whatever apps are frequently used to the taskbar for easy access.
- Users can enjoy a number of android games on their PC itself thanks to Remix.
- Users can control their cars of fights in the game by using their mobile and keyboard.
- OTA support for Remix allows the OS to update itself automatically instead of updating and flashing it manually.
Installation Requirements for Remix OS
To install Remix OS on PC, make sure that the following requirements are met.
- PC – Make sure that your PC is on Windows 7 or higher with at least 4 GB of RAM.
- 3.0 USB
- BIOS with Legacy Boot Enabled or manually enabled.
- 8 GB USB Drive with FAT32
How to Download Remix OS on Windows
Follow the below steps to download and install Remix OS on your PC:
- Go to Jide’s website, and go to Downloads.
- Click on Download Now.
- Select ‘Save’ to download the program. The file will be saved in the Downloads folder.
- If you want to save in a specified folder on your desktop, then click on ‘Save As’ and select the folder you want the program to be saved.
- After the download is complete click on the .exe file.
- The installation process will start.
- Run the installation package.
- Wait until the update completes.
- Follow the Windows installation instructions and select options accordingly.
- Click on Finish to complete the installation.
- Format the USB drive and change format to FAT32
- Start the Remix OS USB Tool.
- Add the ISO File to the USB Tool and select the USB Disk on which you would be installing the OS.
- Click OK and wait till the installer completes the operation.
- When finished, reboot the PC.
- Follow procedures for booting from USB.
- The OS will now be ready to use.