PlayStation Portal, aka PSP, is a handheld video game console that was developed by Sony Computer Entertainment and released in 2004. This seventh-generation console was the first handheld console in the PlayStation console series. PSP is quite popular among retro gamers and has a lifespan of a decade which gives it an edge over other video game consoles that were released during the same year. And one of the best things about PSP was that while it became outdated after a while, most core gamers still used it as it was capable of running with the homebrew software.
|FULL NAME:||PSP ROMs|
|FILE SIZE||2.9 MB|
However, there is no denying that PSP is expensive and if you love playing games, it can be a little challenging to buy all consoles. This is where PSP ROMs and Emulators come handy as they allow you to play your favorite PSP games on any device that you want.
You can download PSP game ROMS such as Tekken 6, Grand Auto Theft – Vice City Stories, Spide-Man 3, etc. and play them using PSP emulators.
Top 5 PSP Emulators
There are a lot of PSP emulators available that can help you plan the PSP games easily on your PC or device with the help of the game ROMS. Take a look at these top 5 PSP Emulators that you can download to start playing the games on your devices.
PPSSPP Emulator is the best and original PSP emulator that can be used on Mac and other PCs. This emulator allows you to play the game smoothly, without any kind of interference.
JPCSP is a great alternative to the PPSSPP emulator and works brilliantly on versions such as Snow Leopard, Mountain Lion, and so on. You can find different versions of this emulator for both Windows and Android.
Offering utmost compatibility for playing PSP games on Mac, PCSX-Reloaded is a great PSP emulator. This emulator also includes an in-built BIOS system and is extremely easy to download and use.
Open EMU is another great emulator to run PSP games as it uses the core PPSSPP to run the games on your platform. With this emulator, you have features like save game, memory emulation, gamepad and joystick control, and so on.
PCSP PSP Emulator
PCSP PSP Emulator is another useful PlayStation Portable emulator that will allow you to run PSP games on your PC. This emulator also allows you to configure the joystick controller, take screenshots, etc.
How to run PSP Roms on an emulator
If you wish to run PSP game ROMs on your PC or device, then you can follow the below steps to run it successfully.
- Select a PSP emulator that matches the System settings for your PC or device and download the emulator from a trusted website.
- Once the download is complete, extract the files from the .zip file and run the installer for the emulator. Follow the installation steps and wait for the installation to get completed.
- To run the PSP games, you also need to download PSP game ROMs on your device. So, choose the game titles that you wish to play and then find the ROMs for these games and download them.
- After downloading the game ROMs, you need to extract the contents of the .zip file so that it is ready for the emulator.
- Now, launch the PSP emulator and then load the game ROMs by selecting the path and the folder where the game ROMs are saved.
- After the ROMs are loaded, double-click on your desired game title in the emulator and play the game.