In the 1970s, Prime Computer developed an operating system named DOS (don’t confuse it with MS-DOS) for its minicomputing system. In the mid-1980s, it attained popularity. Prime was a contender in mainline minicomputer OS. Prime got kicked out in the 1990s because of the decline of mini industries. With the advent of PC, the trademark PRIME and PrimeOS no longer existed. Some of the useful tools of PrimeOS were BASIC, BASICV, COBOL, etc.
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
In the current growing market, multiple distros are competing, but a more modern competitor has been slowly gathering momentum within the background- PrimeOS. The homepage guarantees that PrimeOS gives a complete desktop experience similar to Windows or Mac OS and accesses millions of android applications.
It is designed to bring you the simplest of both worlds, a real fusion of Android and PC. PrimeOS features superb boot scripting, windows detection, prominent Linux flavors, and derivatives present and preserving GRUB entries by adding its own. Without any complicated partitioning, the installation gets wiped out in a moment.
The good thing about PrimeOS is it’s not only limited to handheld smartphones. It’s an independent platform so that one can use it on PC, desktops, laptops. Transform your PC into the simplest Mobile Gaming Device!! It’s the fastest gaming platform for Android devices. Play Android games at your comfort using a keyboard and mouse with the DecaPro tool.
PrimeOS and Android Emulator give an entire desktop experience almost like Windows PC or macOS with many Android apps.
1. Desktop Experience
- Multiple features to offer a desktop experience like start menu, taskbar, etc.
- Option of Multi-window support with maximize, minimize, close, resize, etc. is available.
- Option to disable multi-window for any app just in case you would like.
- General shortcuts -like alt + tab, alt + f4, win + d etc.
- Close to AOSP experience with necessary desktop features.
- Taskbar can pin apps, show notification and system icons.
2. Android Gaming
- Press F12-Decapro key mapping tool to play games with keyboard and mouse.
- Pre- installed some popular games like PUBG, Subway surf, etc.
- GPU tool can fake any info for the game.
- Open gaps included; no need to install them manually.
- OTA support is out there, but as long as you put in in the EXT4 RW partition.
- The feedback app is out there for you guys to share your thoughts.
- Up-streamed kernel to Google LTS Linux 4.9.x.
How to download and install PrimeOS on PC/Mac-
Step-1 Connect your USB drive and launch Etcher / Rufus.
Step-2 Then select the PrimeOS iso file, create the bootable USB.
Step-3 First, you’ve got to make a replacement partition for the PrimeOS of a minimum of 16GB.
Step-4 Before you boot up, remember to close your device’s secure boot, the PrimeOS USB, by pressing ESC or F12.
Step-5 Select the install PrimeOS option from the GRUB menu.
Step-6 The installer will load, and you’ll see a choice to choose the partition you created earlier in Step-3. Please select it and then choose Ext4 for formatting the drive.
Step-7 Once you are asked to put in System as R/W (Read/Write), select YES, otherwise the OTA functionality will break.
Step-8 When it asks if you would like to put in Grub, select YES.
Step-9 After installation is done, the installer will tell you to run PrimeOS. You simply have to reboot. Remember to remove the USB drive. That’s all you have to do.