PowerDVD is a media player software developed by Cyberlink. The software was the first to be declared as the world’s first software player to pass the BD-ROM 4.0 PC Application Software License. The Power Media Player supports media players on all kinds of mobile devices like iPhone, iPad, Windows tablet and Android Phone.
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
Features of PowerDVD
- The software is one of the first to add 8K video playback that is accessible to stream by all kinds of users.
- The software is also the first software that supports unique kinds of formats like the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc playback formats.
- The software is compatible to play footage imported from different kinds of camera and also supports 360-degree cameras such as Samsung Gear 360 and the Nikon KeyMission. This compatibility helps users able to view and import footage from any kind of camera without the fear or question of whether the footage will be available to watch or not.
- With the rise of different kinds of VR content available for users, the software is also made compatible with these and also allows users to watch many types of VR content on devices like Oculus Rift or HTC Vive.
- To ease the work of users to search their favorite media in a huge library, PowerDVD reduced the work and designed the format in such a way that the media is all arranged according to the release date which will help users in searching their content easily.
- On-demand access is given to the user to access their library’s media from any device anywhere.
- Users can now download their media to the cloud and watch their media from any device in offline mode with cloud backup called CyberLink Cloud.
- Users can also share media links with their friends with the click of a button even if they do not have PowerDVD installed on their devices.
- Detailed information about all media that is a part of the user’s library is made available in the software which will help users to know more about the media available in the library.
- Users can also playback their personal photos and videos wirelessly on any device anytime.
- The software contains better digital audio formatting, now with added DTS-X pass-through for multichannel, lossless sound so users can take full advantage of true ambient and voice enhancement sounds too.
- PowerDVD adds TrueTheater® image/color correction and enhancement, also motion enhancement to make the motion in videos smoother. For a much richer colors and enhanced video experience, TrueTheater® HDR including extended GPU support for HDR 10 enhancement is added to provide a larger color space.
- PowerDVD supports a range of streaming devices like Chromecast, Roku and Apple TV.
Installation Requirements for PowerDVD
To install PowerDVD on PC, make sure that the following requirements are met.
- PC – Make sure that your PC is on Windows 7 or higher with at least 4 GB of RAM.
How to Download PowerDVD on Windows
Follow the below steps to download and install PowerDVD on your PC:
- Go to PowerDVD’s website, and go to Downloads.
- Click on Download Now.
- Select ‘Save’ to download the program. The file will be saved in the Downloads folder.
- If you want to save in a specified folder on your desktop, then click on ‘Save As’ and select the folder you want the program to be saved.
- After the download is complete click on the .exe file.
- The installation process will start.
- Run the installation package.
- Wait until the update completes
- Follow the Windows installation instructions and select options accordingly.
- Click on Finish to complete the installation.
- The program icon will appear on the desktop.
- Select the icon to start the application.