Opera Neon is an experimental web browser application built for both Windows and Mac. The browser is designed as a reimagination of how a modern browser should look like. The moment you open up, the outlook is entirely different. Even though the browser does not support any plugins, there are many interesting features and concepts of the browser. The browser is built on the Blink Web browser engine and was released in 2013. Neon was released as a joint collaboration by Google, Opera, and also along with some other tech companies.
|FULL NAME:||Opera Neon|
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
Features of Opera Neon
- Display: The browser’s design is unique from all web browsers. The browser does not have any kind of bookmarks bar or taskbar while keeping the URL concept alive. Instead of having the regular tabs on top, they are designed as round bubbles on the right. The browser also contains the feature of capturing the background image of the user’s desktop, and that image is used as the background for all the tabs. The sidebar on the left helps the users to control audio and video playback which can also act as a screenshotting tool and also allows access to recent downloads. Users can also go full neon mode with curated wallpapers from artists like Luke Choice and others and are available to download.
- Engine: Opera has developed a brand-new physics engine for its Neon Browser. The tabs are designed in such a way that they respond to the user as if they are responding to them in real life. The tabs contain weight and move naturally when dragged or pushed according to their weight.
- Easier Surfing: The browser is enabled with brand new features like split-screen mode, pop-out videos, improved visual tabs, and also a rebuilt Omnibox. Users do not have to save their images on different kinds of folders in their computer anymore. With the built-in snap-to-gallery tool, users can now save their images in the in-built folder and can store all images under one place.
- Fresh Design: Neon’s fresh design will help users experience the web the way it should be. Visual tabs use images taken from the web pages to help the users find the pages that they need. The gravity system in the browser helps to pull the most used tabs by the browser to a prominent location in Neon’s speed dial. Users can also remove any of their unused tabs by pulling them down, and the browser would make them disappear with a poof.
- Video Compatibility: You can play videos by popping out and adjusting to its own adjustable moveable window. This will help users to browse to the web comfortably while watching their favourite videos on YouTube or Vimeo.
Installation Requirements for Opera Neon
To install Opera Neon on PC, make sure to meet the following requirements
- PC – Make sure that your PC is on Windows 7 or higher with at least 4 GB of RAM.
- Enable Compatibility Mode
How to Download Opera Neon on Windows
Follow the below steps to download and install Opera Neon on your PC:
- Go to Opera Neon’s website, and go to Downloads.
- Click on Download Now.
- Select ‘Save’ to download the program. The file is saved in the Downloads folder.
- If you want to save in a specified folder on your desktop, then click on ‘Save As’ and select the folder you want the program to save.
- After the download is complete click on the .exe file.
- The installation process will start.
- Run the installation package.
- Wait until the update completes
- Follow the Windows installation instructions and select options accordingly.
- Click on Finish to complete the installation.
- The program icon will appear on the desktop.
- Select the icon to start the application.