Nintendo Dual Screen, more popularly known as Nintendo DS, is a handheld video game console that was released by Nintendo after Game Boy Advance. This video game console has two screens, a touch screen, button controls, and a built-in microphone that made the games a lot of fun. This console was also compatible with GBA games and supported the WiFi range of 10-30 meters.
|FULL NAME:||Nintendo Dual Screen (DS) ROMS|
|FILE SIZE||2.9 MB|
Nowadays, Nintendo DS has become quite popular among gamers and can easily be emulated on PCs and mobile phones. So, if you have always wanted to play Nintendo DS games such as Pokemon series, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart DS, and so on then you need to download a DS ROM and emulator for your device.
A DS ROM contains the original game that can be run on any device with the help of an emulator.
Top 5 DS Emulators
If you wish to run a Nintendo DS game on your PC or mobile phone, then you need to download a compatible DS emulator to run the file. Here are a few of the top DS emulators to consider for your devices.
DeSmuME emulator is the best DS emulator that can play both commercial and homebrew games. With great graphics, sound system, video and audio recording, etc. features, this emulator is great for playing DS games.
No$GBA emulator can play Nintendo DS games on both Windows and DOS systems. With features such as multiplayer support, cartridge reading, multiple DS ROMs loading, etc., this is a good emulator to use.
Citra is undoubtedly the best Nintendo 3DS emulator that allows you to play the DS game titles at high resolution and full graphics. It also offers joystick support, in-house recorder, and cheat code support.
DraStic DS Emulator
Another great DS emulator that works perfectly on an Android is the DraStic DS emulator. This emulator not only allows you to enjoy the Nintendo DS games at full speed but also supports graphic filters and has a cheat code database for you to use.
And of course, there is RetroArch which is an all-in-one emulator that can play games from game systems such as NDS, NES, SNES, Atari, and so on.
How to run DS Roms on an emulator
As discussed before, you will need a compatible emulator to run DS game titles on your device. Just follow these steps and you will be playing Nintendo DS games on your device in no time at all.
- Start by choosing a Nintendo DS emulator that matches your device compatibility and download it.
- Once the download is complete, extract the contents of the .zip file and select the installer application. Double-click on this application file to begin the installation process and follow the steps as displayed on the screen.
- After the emulator is successfully installed, download a few DS ROMs on your device using a trusted website.
- Once the game downloads are complete, extract the contents of the .zip file and save the game files on the desktop.
- Now, open the emulator and load the game files by using the path where the files are saved. Once you open the games on an emulator, the game will start running on your device.
- You can now open these games by clicking on the games on your emulator.