Currently, we have a lot of amazing games in the market that feature beautiful graphics and gameplay. However, not all of these games are easy to play on our GPU and can often result in crashes or repeated lags.
This is where a benchmarking tool comes handy as it can help you test your GPU limits and informs you about its state, capabilities, and various other things. One such amazing tool that can really make it easy for you to stress test your GPU to determine its state is the MSI Kombustor tool.
In this article, we will learn more about this benchmarking tool and how you can get it downloaded on your PC to test your GPU’s abilities.
Download MSI Kombustor
MSI Kombustor is a powerful application that helps you perform benchmark tests on your graphics card. This makes it perfect for people like gamers, video creators, etc. who handle their system’s components and need to check the status of their GPU for best results.
Nowadays, this app is also used by game developers to optimize their game’s real-time rendering capability so that it works perfectly on different level GPUs.
Here are a few highlights of this application that makes it a popular benchmarking tool.
MSI Kombustor has an easy to use and easily accessible user interface that makes testing your GPU really convenient. When you initialize this application, it automatically shows the primary graphics card details like device ID, temperature, load level, power, etc. of your GPU.
It also displays the driver and OpenGL version used on your computer. This can make testing easier to control and manage.
Different Stress Tests
One of the best things about MSI Kombustor is that it offers multiple tests to the users to choose from. You can choose to conduct a single Benchmark test or a GPU burn-in test. In the individual tests, you have three options – Wavy plane test (GL2), Triangle of Death test (GL2), and Fractal Frame test (GL3).
Benchmark test will allow you to watch the real performance level of the graphics card that can be compared with other similar GPUs or during different overclocking levels of your own GPU. A long-term burn-in test, on the other hand, helps you determine whether the GPU can take the stress load for a long time while performing well. You can set a burn-in test for anywhere between an hour to a complete day.
Slim Support for LED
Another great thing about MSI Kombustor is that it offers slim support for the LED controller that manages the illumination in your GPU. These illumination levels are related to your GPU usage and you can even configure the settings so that the GPU temperature pulses in a few preset modes.
Installation Requirements for MSI Kombustor
Before you begin downloading MSI Kombustor on your PC, make sure that your PC meets the system requirements to run the application on your system.
Operating Systems: Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6 or AMD Radeon HD 2000 or higher
RAM Memory: 1 GB minimum
Drivers: NVIDIA Forceware 96.xx, AMD Catalyst or newer
Available Storage Space on Hard Disk: 100 MB or more
How to Download and Install MSI Kombustor on PC
There are two ways to download MSI Kombustor on your PC and both of them are quite easy. Here is everything you need to know to download and install Kombustor on your PC.
Download and Install MSI Kombustor with MSI Afterburner
If you haven’t installed an overclocking tool yet for your PC then you can download MSI Afterburner here. Once you download the application, start the installation process.
You will be shown a prompt asking whether you wish to install MSI Kombustor or not. Make sure you select yes for this.
Now, MSI Afterburner will successfully get installed on your PC with MSI Kombustor.
Download and Install MSI Kombustor only
Now, if you already have a different overclocking tool installed on your PC or if you missed out on installing MSI Kombustor while installing MSI Afterburner, then here is what you can do.
- Head to the Afterburner page on MSI official website at https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner.
- Scroll to the bottom page to the Kombustor Benchmarking section and click on the ‘Download’ button.
- You will be redirected to the MSI Kombustor page on the Geeks3D website. Click on the ‘Download’ button on this page.
- Now, you will be taken to the MSI Kombustor Downloads page on the Geeks3D website where you have download options available for both 32-bit and 64-bit. Click on the latest version of MSI Kombustor.
Note: You can also choose a previous version of MSI Kombustor if the latest version doesn’t work for your PC.
- You will again be redirected to a Geeks3D download page for the Kombustor version you selected. Click on the ‘Download’ button to begin the download.
- Wait for the download to get completed and then go to the Downloads folder where the executable file has been saved.
- Double-click on the MSI Kombustor Setup .exe file to start the installation process.
- Accept the terms and conditions and follow the other steps as displayed on the Installation dialog box before clicking on the ‘Install’ button.
- Wait for the installation to get completed and then reboot your system.
MSI Kombustor is now successfully installed on your PC and can be used to stress-test your GPU.
How to Use MSI Kombustor
Using MSI Kombustor is quite easy and doesn’t require a lot of experience.
- Once you have installed MSI Kombustor on your PC, launch the software.
- After the application is open, you will find your GPU details on the screen.
- You can choose to perform a Benchmark run or a burn-in test and simply have to click on the desired test.
- Wait for the test to get completed to view the results.
It is quite easy to download and use MSI Kombustor and is a great way to get the maximum out of your GPU. So, get started soon with it!