Monkey’s Audio is based on an algorithm for lossless audio data compression. This software offers lossless audio data compression without discarding the data. It retains the original quality of the audio, unlike other lossy compression methods like AAC, MP3, Vorbis, and Opus.
Even though the original quality of the music isn’t disturbed it still saves a lot of space, users can think it as quality rich Winzip for music.
|FULL NAME:||Monkey’s Audio for Windows|
|FILE SIZE||1.5 MB|
What is Monkey’s Audio?
This software is a lossless audio compressor, which aims to reduce the size of the file without any loss in the quality of the audio. The tag support is also handled by this software thus keeping all the information related to the audio file, like album name, name of the artist, and more.
This software follows a rate of compression which is better than FLAC. This software is under a custom license which means that users can use its source code without any copyright issue.
List of Features of Monkey’s Audio
- Free Source Code:- The source code can be used by other developers without any restrictive license agreement into their own programs and code.
- Free:- This software is completely free for all users. Users can download and use this software for free without any hassle.
- Efficiency:- This software is quite efficient for the user and his highly optimized so that users can use it without any lag or any problem.
- Support:- Most of the popular media players and rippers support this software like WMP, Foobar, Winamp, Media Center, and many more.
- Tagging:- APE Tags which are quite flexible are used by this software so that audio files of the users can be managed and cataloged easily.
- Ease:- The software is both powerful and easy to use on a windows platform.
- Detection:- During compression or decompression, CRC’s are incorporated to ensure no error goes unnoticed by this powerful software and hence ensuring smooth and hassle-free decompression of the audio.
- Sound Quality:- As this software follows the concept of lossless compression the sound quality is excellent and the sound decompresses without any fault meaning it is total lossless.
This software supports all the modern multimedia players and digital audio players like- Cowon and the Cayin respectively.
Rockbox, an open-source software supports Monkey Audio’s Playback but many hardware platforms due to lack of processing power can’t play them on higher compression strings.
Supports Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
How to Download and Install Monkey’s Audio for Windows PC
- Users can download the installer from the official site of Monkey’s Audio. Navigate through the site and click on the download link to start the download.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation, click to select the location where you want to install your application.
- Click Finish to complete the download, Double click on the exe to start your application.