Photography is the process of projecting a 3D scene into a 2D plane. But, this results in losing some vital information about the scene for the professionals. Hence, the need for software that can reverse the photography process arises. Meshroom provides the integrated tools and services to perform Photogrammetry, reverse of photography. Basically, it is a science of making measurements from photographs by inferring the geometry.
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
For a complete analysis of photographs, we need some computer vision pipelines. For instance, Structure-from-motion, Multi-View Stereo, and others. Meshroom provides a detailed and scalable solution to this field. It has an integrated nodal editor with a caching mechanism. However, you should use a GPU to combine high quality with performance. Using Meshroom, augmentation of a solved-structure with new images becomes easy.
One significant feature of Meshroom is its ability to decimate the mesh post-processing. You can also retexture your mesh in Meshroom after retopology in Blender, Zbrush, etc. Overall, Meshroom has many powerful and intriguing tools to assist individuals or organisations working in this field. For instance, motorised-head file, fisheye optics support, panorama image alignment, the fusion of multi-bracketing LDR images, and so on.
Key features of the application
- Meshroom has extensive utilities, tools and services for photogrammetry applications and retexturing works.
- It is easy to integrate with your Renderfarm system and allows you to add specific rules to select the most suitable machine.
- Apart from the available pipelines, you can create your own custom pipelines and use it as a default template.
- You can drag and drop your images in the left pane of the software. After that use the “Structure from Motion” mode for extracting.
- Overall, it offers a fully open-source nodal workflow, so you can easily code and customise according to your wish.
Minimum System Requirements
Meshroom has many tools and features for nodal mesh analysis and computer vision support. So, to work with Meshroom efficiently, you need to have at least the minimum system requirements fulfilled in your device.
Operating System: Windows x64 and Linux
CPU: Recent Intel or AMD processor
RAM: 8 GB
Hard Drive: 400MB for Meshroon+sufficient space for your data
GPU: NVIDIA CUDA-enabled GPU
How to Download and install Meshroom in your Windows PC
Firstly, you need to confirm that your system meets the minimum system requirements. After that, you can proceed with the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, click on the download button link on this page. After a few seconds, the download process for the file will begin.
- You should have a strong internet connection for a quick download.
- Next, you need to locate the downloaded file and right-click on it. Conventionally, you can find the file in the “Downloads” section of your device.
- Select extract to “Meshroom” folder option and unzip the file.
- If you do not have Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution package installed in your device previously, you need to download and install it from the official Microsoft support portal.
- Finally, you can start Meshroom by clicking on the executable file.
Note- There is no need for any extra installation wizard process for Meshroom Software. Also, avoid using run as an Admin option for better use.