Stinger is an autonomous application which helps in removing specific types of malware and viruses. Though it doesn’t act as full Antivirus it acts as a specific tool that helps users in the removal of viruses from an infected system.
This tool quite advances techniques and methods which include rootkit scanning and scan performance optimization. The viruses under the ‘Threat List’ option are detected and removed by the anti-virus. This option can be found under the Advanced Menu Option in the Stinger Menu.
|FULL NAME:||McAfee Stinger for Windows|
|FILE SIZE||17.1 MB|
What is Mcafee Stinger?
The Stinger now can detect and can easily remove GameOver Zeus and CryptoLocker. The main advantage of the Stinger is that it can be stored easily on a pen drive and can scan any computer without any unnecessary installation. The Stinger during a scan uses medium RAM Size and low CPU, which might take time depending on the size of the directory. Any threat detected can be found under the Threat List and can be decided whether to keep or remove the file.
Key Features of McAfee Stinger
- McAfee Stinger Simple & Fast Download:- This software is simple to download and install. Users can download it from its official site and install it as instructed below.
- Works with All Windows (64/32 bit) versions:- The software now works with all versions of the Windows including the 32-bit version too. Now users can download the software according to their OS version without facing any technical or compatibility issue.
- McAfee Stinger Latest Version:- The software on the official site is up to date with its latest version which includes all new viruses and malware definitions including GameOverZeus and CryptoLocker.
- Fully compatible with Windows 10:- The latest version of the McAfee Stinger is now compatible with the current generation of Windows OS that is Windows 10. Now users won’t face any OS compatibility issue.
Installation Requirement for McAfee Stinger
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 SP1 (32- and 64-bit)
- MAC OS 10.12 to 10.15
- 2 GB RAM for Windows 7 and above
- 500 MB free drive space
- 1 GHz Processor
How To Download and Install McAfee Stinger for PC
Installing the App Manually
- Users will have to download McAfee Stinger from a trusted link using one of the browsers available on their PC.
- Select Save or Save as to download the program. Most antivirus programs like Windows Defender will scan the program for viruses during download.
a. If you select Save, the program file is saved in your Downloads folder.
b. Or, if you select Save as, you can choose where to save it, like your desktop.
- After the downloading McAfee Stinger completed, click the .exe file twice to running the Installation process
- Then follow the windows installation instruction that appears until finished
- Now, the McAfee Stinger icon will appear on your Desktop
- Double Click on the .exe file which is either on the Desktop or the location where you installed the application.
Installing App using Windows Store
- Users can find the Windows Store at the bottom of the screen.
- Users can search for McAfee Stinger application using the search box in the top right corner.
- When users find the Stinger in the Store you will see the name and the logo, the app will be marker-free if the download is free otherwise paid if the download is paid.
- Click the button and installation will open.