Kdenlive is a media editing software developed by KDE. It’s free, open-source editing software that is based on MLT Framework, KDE and Qt. The software is available for free on Linux, Microsoft Windows and FreeBSD. The software was made with the idea to assist users from basic to professional level editing.
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
Features of Kdenlive
- The software supports multi-track editing.
- The software allows users to arrange several audio tracks and video tracks which can be muted according to convenience.
- Also,the software supports different kinds of audio and video formats like ProRes, H.264, AVCHD, DNxHD, DIVX, HDV, Quicktime, etc.
- The formats are based on the powerful FFmpeg libraries that allow users to work on clips rather than encode them.
- Users can arrange custom interface layouts to optimize their workflow on editing.
- Keyboard shortcuts can also be arranged according to the user’s preferences.
- Users can create 2D titles that include aligning and distribution, letter and line spacing adjustments, system font selector.
- Titles can be designed in the variety by design features like Color, Shadows, Gradient and Outlines.
- The software also supports crawl and roll tools for titles.
- The software also contains a Unified Decoder.
- Users can rotate, add images and also add templates using Template Support.
- Users can make use of many transitions and effects, ranging from colour correction to audio adjustments.
- At the same time, users can make precise audio adjustments from tools like Audio Meter, Histogram, Waveform, Vectorscope and RGB Parade.
- Users can make the best use of proxy editing where the software creates low-resolution copies of videos that allows for smoother editing.
- The videos will then be rendered in full quality.
- The software backs the data automatically every few minutes so that users do not have to worry about data loss.
- Users can download templates and render profiles directly from the interface.
- Timeline preview will allow pre-rendering some parts of the video so that users can have a smooth preview experience.
- Users can keyframe effects, allowing you to change parameters over time to achieve the result you want.
- The interface consists of both a light and dark theme.
Installation Requirements for Kdenlive
To install Kdenlive on PC, make sure that the following requirements are met.
- PC – Make sure that your PC is on Windows 7 or higher with at least 4 GB of RAM.
How to Download Kdenlive on Windows
Follow the below steps to download and install Kdenlive on your PC:
- Go to Kdenlive’s website, and go to Downloads.
- Click on Download Now.
- Select ‘Save’ to download the program. The file will be saved in the Downloads folder.
- If you want to save in a specified folder on your desktop, then click on ‘Save As’ and select the folder you want the program to be saved.
- After the download is complete click on the .exe file.
- The installation process will start.
- Run the installation package.
- Wait until the update completes
- Follow the Windows installation instructions and select options accordingly.
- Click on Finish to complete the installation.
- The program icon will appear on the desktop.
- Select the icon to start the application.