A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is very much similar to a proxy. Proxy is nothing but a gateway. It’s best for a basic function like unknown web browsing and managing the content restrictions, whereas VPN connections encrypt and secure all the network traffic. A VPN has the capability of restricting the hacker to intercept data between the computer and the server so that the personal information of the user cannot be hacked or be used illegally for any purpose. From the above statement we can come to a conclusion that VPNs are safer as they encrypt the data so that the data remains secure, more stability is provided as well as VPNs are faster than the proxies.
|FULL NAME:||Just Proxy VPN|
|FILE SIZE||5.4 MB|
Top VPN like NordVPN have advanced security features which cannot be easily hacked as it may require several years and millions of dollars to hack. A VPN should be kept on all the time so that the hacker is unable to hack, your information shouldn’t get leaked in short it encrypts your traffic and protects the information from a third party. The IP address of the system is replaced by the IP address of the VPN provided this is how the data/information is secured.
There are 8 different critical features a VPN must have
1. Plentiful server locations: A VPN rawhides a user’s data by encrypting it with a tunnel created between the user’s device and the VPN’s web server
2. Software: Any VPN will offer client software for a Windows PC.
3. Integrated kill switch: It is a safety mechanism used to shut off machinery in an emergency.
4. Anonymous DNS servers: It is responsible for finding the correct IP address (Domain Network System)
5. No log policy: It means that the virtual private network provider does not collect.
6. Router support: Can connect all the devices to the VPN network with or without having an individual software installed.
Setup of a Proxy VPN for (Windows)
- Open the shades app from the start menu or from the Action Center in the taskbar.
- Choose Network & Internet.
- Select Proxy from the right side of the window. Click on Proxy.
- Scroll to manual proxy service and toggle the switch on. Insert below your proxy IP location and port. These are convenient to you in your account’s Control Panel.
- Click Save.
Setup of a Proxy VPN for (Mac)
1. In the Safari app on your Mac, want Safari => Preferences, then click Advanced.
2. Click Change Settings (next to Proxies) to destroy the Network pane of System Favourites.
3. Change the proxy settings using the learning your network administrator provided.
4. Click OK.
A proxy VPN is very useful when you have limited or restricted access from the administration for security reasons, I personally used it in my college where I couldn’t access you-tube and other social networking sites or for some users prefer having a proxy setup in offices for valid reasons however, one is advised to always stay careful and maintain integrity at their respective workplace. In some cases it also maintains confidentiality depending on the nature of business.