The HIk connect which is usually managed and serviced by a Hikvision Products, it is designed for a Phone or Tablet based on Android 4.1 or higher versions.
|FILE SIZE||44 MB|
Application was designed and introduced in 2001 by HIK information technology (Gong Hongjie), a company located in Hangzhou, china.
HIK-connect provides worldwide service allowing users to access it without limiting to any geographical boundaries.
With the HIK vision you get to access and control the devices remotely (DVR’s, NVR’s, Network Cameras, indoor stations, Door bells, the access control devices etc.) there is availability to choose the network as well, which is through 3G, 4G, WI-FI. Through this App you can share the devices on other accounts as well as users can be added on the account and devices can be accessed by the multiple users.
How to install HIK -connect App on PC (windows and Mac)
Since the App is only available on the android platform officially users would require the alternate option to install it on the PC.
- Download and install the latest version of bluestacks emulator on your PC. (bluestack is free service to be downloaded on any platform and can be downloaded easily from google)
- if you are downloading the bluestack from the google chrome once download is complete click on open in folder option and open the bluestack and open the playstore from the emulator it will be similar to the android play store.
- once the program is loaded you may receive a warning to improve the performance however any action is not required you can simply click on “continue anyway”
- Type HIK – connect in the search bar located on the top of the screen, once the search is completed select the first option from the list and click install.
- Open the App when downloading is completed, in the beginning there will be a permission box requesting your authorization to access photos, media and files on your device, click on allow and proceed.
- next step will be to choose your country or region, select the country/region and click on tick in the top right corner to proceed
- There are 2 options in the next step to login and to continue in guest mode, you can choose either one of those.
Next step is to click on Add device option, once you click on add device option there will be a pop-up box asking permission a permission to access the camera, please grant the permission in order to scan the QR code, there will be 2nd pop-up box right after that asking a permission for HIK- connect to take pictures and to record the Video, similarly need to grant the permission for this as well.
App can be used on the PC as well however it is through the bluestack and not through the official app available on the play store, however, there are no variations or deviations in the actual app and the bluestack app.