Half-life is an FPS shooter video game developed by Valve Studios. The game was released during the 1998 and went on to become a successful series. The latest game from the series is Half-Life: Alyx. This game was developed in VR mode to enhance the player’s experience. The game is based on the events in between Half-Life and Half-Life:2 where players get to play as Alyx Vance. The players have to go on a mission to seize a superweapon belonging to the alien Combine. The game was released on March 23, 2020, and received a very positive response for its immersive graphics and gameplay.
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
Features of Half-Life
- This game was stated as the first VR’s killer app.
- Alyx Vance and her father will mount an initial resistance to go against Combine’s brutal occupancy on Earth.
- The players will get to learn a new strength every day, and also try to get over a recent weakness too.
- The game supports a variety of play environments, locomotion methods and input devices.
- The game consists of some fantastic visuals that could compete with Hollywood projects.
- The game was made compatible with almost all PC devices.
- The game was designed from the ground up which features all the fun and excitement from the previous Half-Life games.
- The game is powered by SteamVR on Valve’s Source2 engine which helps players to play the game on Steam.
- The announcement trailer received more than 10 million views in the first 24 hours of its release.
- The game was slated on the top 20 games of all times by April 2020.
- On its release, the game had more than 43,000 players logged in.
- Twitch, a game streaming platform had more than 300,000 viewers on its live stream of the game.
- The Guardian and VG247 websites both rated the game as a 5-star experience.
- Valve Studios also collaborated with HTC on the HTC Vive for compatibility.
- On popular demand, the game’s soundtrack is also available online for players to download.
Installation Requirements for Half-Life
To install Half-Life on PC, make sure that the following requirements are met.
- PC – Make sure that your PC is on Windows 7 or higher with at least 4 GB of RAM.
How to Download Half-Life on Windows
Follow the below steps to download and install Half-Life on your PC:
- Go to Steam or any other gaming platform website, and on the search type “Half-Life: Alyx”.
- Click on Download Now.
- Select ‘Save’ to download the program. The file will be saved in the Downloads folder.
- If you want to save in a specified folder on your desktop, then click on ‘Save As’ and select the folder you want the program to be saved.
- After the download is complete click on the .exe file.
- The installation process will start.
- Run the installation package.
- Wait until the update completes
- Follow the Windows installation instructions and select options accordingly.
- Click on Finish to complete the installation.
- The program icon will appear on the desktop.
- Select the icon to start the application.