Google Translate is a translation platform developed by Google to translate text from a website to the user’s preferred language. The service was launched in 2006 and is available in more than 109 languages, with over 500 million users daily using the feature. The software was launched initially as a statistical machine translation which translates text piece by piece. By November 2016, Google developed it as a neural machine translation enabling it to translate the text as a whole. The technique is done by deep learning. The accuracy of the software is high on English, French, German, Spanish and Chinese. The software is known for automatically detecting text and deciphering it to the user’s preferred language for easy use. As of 2018, Google Translate translates more than 100 billion words a day.
|FULL NAME:||Google Translate|
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
Features of Google Translate
- Store Languages Offline: Translate offers users to download whatever language they prefer to use into an offline mode which can later be applied to offline applications like Google Maps etc. Irrespective of where the user is.
- Language Detection: Users can key in the text on Google Translate, and the software will automatically detect as to what kind of language the user is trying to communicate. This is really helpful when the user has a particular kind of text but is unsure as to what kind of language it is.
- Write to Translate: Users can also write down the language in order for Google Translate to translate the text into the preferred language. The handwriting feature on Translate allows users to make use of the feature.
- Speak to Translate: Users can also speak in order to translate the words into the preferred language if they do not have the text written. The conversation button allows users to make use of the speak to translate feature.
- Instant Camera Translation: This feature allows users to point their cameras at the text that they wish to translate and Translate will automatically translate the text to the preferred language of the user within seconds.
- Save Common Phrases: This feature allows users to save phrases that are often used by storing them in Phrasebook. This helps save time for the user from often having the need to translate the phrase again and again.
- Document Translation: This feature allows Translate to convert text into the user’s preferred language by allowing the user to upload the documents in any format and Translate will detect the text and translate it accordingly. The document should be in the form of the formats .doc, .docx, .odf, .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .ps, .rtf, .txt, .xls, .xlsx only.
- Website Translation: This feature converts the entire website page into the user’s preferred language.
Installation Requirements for Google Translate
To install Google Translate on PC, make sure that the following requirements are met.
- PC – Make sure that your PC is on Windows 7 or higher with at least 4 GB of RAM.
- Compatibility Mode is enabled.
How to Download Google Translate on Windows
Follow the below steps to download and install Google Translate on your PC:
- Go to Google Translate’s website, and go to Downloads.
- Click on Download Now.
- Select ‘Save’ to download the program. The file will be saved in the Downloads folder.
- If you want to save in a specified folder on your desktop, then click on ‘Save As’ and select the folder you want the program to be saved.
- After the download is complete click on the .exe file.
- The installation process will start.
- Run the installation package.
- Wait until the update completes
- Follow the Windows installation instructions and select options accordingly.
- Click on Finish to complete the installation.
- The program icon will appear on the desktop.
- Select the icon to start the application.