Game Boy is a portable video game console that was released by Nintendo in 1989 and has become a huge hit since then.
|FULL NAME:||Game Boy ROMS|
|FILE SIZE||2.9 MB|
This portable console doesn’t need to be connected to a TV to play games but you can still connect it with the help of the Super Game Boy adapter and Super Nintendo console.
This will result in colorful Game Boy games which are otherwise displayed in just black and white colors.
Although 8-bit Game Boy is a little outdated, it is still quite popular and you can easily play the games for Game Boy on your favorite devices without owning the console. This can be done with the help of Game Boy ROMs and a suitable emulator.
A Game Boy ROM is a file that contains the original game data and can be run on any device with the help of an emulator.
Top 5 Game Boy (GB) Emulators
Are you looking for a suitable emulator for your device? If yes, then here are a few of the best Game Boy emulators that you can install on your device to run GB ROMs.
ClassicBoy is a good all-in-one emulator that includes multiple consoles such as PlayStation, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, NES, and so on. This game offers you cheat code support, save state, fast forward, and so on.
Visual Boy Advance – M
Visual Boy Advance – M is the most popular Game Boy emulator that offers stability and is compatible with most GB and GBA games.
TGB Dual is another great Game Boy emulator that allows you to run 2 ROMs at the same time. It also supports GBA games and allows you to play two Pokemon games so that you can trade the Pokemon.
BGB is a balanced emulator that runs both Game Boy and Game Boy Advance game titles. This emulator includes a debugging option and allows you to use cheat codes, offers gamepad support, etc.
This is a multi-system emulator that allows you to install different video game console emulators to play a wide range of games. It is highly compatible and free and gives you a chance to play all your games in one place.
How to run Game Boy (GB) Roms on an emulator
If you want to play Game Boy games on your favorite device, then you need to follow the below steps to install an emulator and run GB ROMs on it.
- Choose a Game Boy emulator for your PC or other device and then download the installer from an authentic website.
- Once the download is complete, extract the .zip file for the emulator and then search for the installer application.
- Double-click on the installer to begin the installation of the emulator on your device. Make sure that you complete all the installation steps that are shown on the screen.
- Once the installation is successful, search for Game Boy ROMs and download them on your device.
- Extract these ROM files and save them on the desktop for easier access.
- Open the Game Boy emulator that you installed and open the recently downloaded game ROMs. Once you open a ROM, the game will start playing on the emulator.
- Now, you can run any game from the emulator by double-clicking on the game title.