Game Boy Color is a handheld video game system with a colored screen that was released in 1998. While this video console looked similar to the Game Boy Pocket, there were several major differences between the two video game consoles. The clock speed on the processor was double, the video memory was double, and even the RAM was four times more than the previous console.
|FULL NAME:||GBC ROMS|
|FILE SIZE||2.9 MB|
That’s not all, it could also support both old screen resolution and new resolution and could be used in three color palettes. As a result, this console is compatible with more than 400 black-and-white games and is still used by most gamers.
If you always wanted to play games in Game Boy Color but never had the chance then you can do it now. And you don’t need to own a Game Boy Color handheld device to do so. You can do this with the help of a GBC emulator and GBC ROMs. A GBC ROM is a copy of the game file that can be played on any device with the help of an emulator.
Top 5 Game Boy Color (GBC) Emulators
With these amazing Game Boy Color Emulators, you can easily run any Game Boy Color ROM and play your favorites games on any device.
mGBA is one of the oldest GBC emulators that offers a lot of amazing features and good gaming experience. This emulator offers multiplayer support and allows you to use cheat codes too.
One of the best GBC emulators that will help you enjoy a lag-free gaming experience is the VisualBoy Advance emulator. The best thing about this GBC emulator is that it records your game progress and auto-saves the game for you.
EmuBox is a newer all-in-one emulator that supports consoles such as Nintendo DS, Game Boy Color, PlayStation, and so on. It also offers features such as cheat support, saves game, fast forward, and so on.
RetroArch is also a multi-system emulator that can be used to play games of Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advanced consoles. This emulator is completely free and is compatible with most devices.
Higan is another good GBC emulator that can be used to play games from other systems as well such as Super Famicon, Nintendo Famicon, etc.
How to run Game Boy Color (GBC) Roms on an emulator
Using a GBC emulator to run Game Boy Color ROMs is quite easy and convenient. All you need to do is follow these steps and you will be able to play GBC console games on your device in no time at all.
- Choose a good GBC emulator that is compatible with your device and download it from a trusted website.
- Next, extract the contents of the downloaded .zip file and look for the installation file. Double-click on the installer file to begin the installation process and follow all the steps.
- Once the emulator is installed, search for GBC ROMs and download them from trusted websites.
- Extract the contents of the .zip files of these game ROMs and save the ISO files at an easy-to-locate location.
- Now, launch the GBC emulator and then load the game ISO file by choosing the right path. Once you select the game, click on Open and your game will start running on the emulator.
- Next time, you can launch the emulator and the game will already be available there to play.