Free Download Manager, as the name suggests is a simple download manager. In the beginning, it was closed-source software and wasn’t free but with the release of version 2.5 and 3.9.7, the software became open-source and free to use now.
|FULL NAME:||Free Download Manager for Windows|
|FILE SIZE||30.8 MB|
What Is Free Download Manager?
As the consumption of data increases, the importance of a good download manager increases too. Also, for downloading larger files, users cannot sit for hours and wait for it to download.
This is where the Free Download Manager plays it part. With this software, users download larger files easily and they can resume the download from where the internet connection broke down.
There are a wide number of features in this software, users can search for the fastest server available and select that server for fast downloads. This software also acts as a download organizer, video downloader, and download accelerator.
List of Features of Free Download Manager
- Media Converter – The best feature of this software is that it can convert a wide range of formats easily unlike other download managers like EagleGet. The format includes AVI, WMV, FLV, MP3 and MP4, and more.
- Schedule Downloads – The software allows users to schedule their downloads later. This feature comes in handy where the network speed is quite bad and the connection keeps on breaking. The software comes with an advanced folder organizer where you can organize your files and folder.
- Antivirus Program – There is an antivirus program that scans all the viruses from the downloaded files and folder. This feature is quite useful to prevent viruses and malware from being downloaded with files and folders.
- Proxy – This feature makes sure users can download content from websites that have been banned in the countries. This feature is quite demanding and is quite difficult to obtain.
- GUI – The GUI of the software is the best one among all the other download managers. There are new improvements and support which makes this software the best one out there.
- Support – This software is supported by all the Windows Operating System.
- Boost – With the new and latest version of the software, traffic usages can be controlled by the user itself, broken downloads can be resumed, and larger files can be downloaded at higher speeds. With this software, users can increase download speed by ten times. The software offers support from Bit torrent which ensures downloads are fast and secure.
- Windows Operating system: 8.1 and above.
- Internet: Faster than 5mbps will be preferable
How to Download and Install Free Download Manager
- Users can download the application directly from the official software site. Navigate the site for the download button. Click on the download button to start the download of the installer.
- Once the installer is downloaded, double click on the installer to start. Follow the steps to complete the installation. Once completed double click on the .exe file to run the application.