There are many applications for capturing real-time videos. Also, various software is available for benchmarking. But it may not be delightful to get separate applications for both functions. Well, as multiple applications take more space and more CPU resources, you wouldn’t want that to happen. Here comes to effect Fraps. Now you must be thinking that what is it? Fraps is a real-time video capturing and benchmarking application for Windows. Beepa Pty Ltd. Developed Fraps.
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
Fraps is one of the best software for recording and is best for game-related purposes as well. It is because it has a game capture video recorder through which you can record your games with OpenGL or DirectX graphic technology. You can even measure the FPS and perform custom benchmarks as well with Fraps. Moreover, you can also take screenshots while recording with Fraps. It is an all in one utility for screen capture, benchmarking and screen recording for Windows OS. If your PC is good enough, then you can record videos in high quality with Fraps. So if you are a gamer looking for such a utility tool, then Fraps is ideal for you.
Features of Fraps
Fraps is a marvellous recording utility software with incredible features. Some of the features are as follows:
Benchmarking is one of the best features of Fraps as it can show you the measure (Frames per Seconds). And you can even measure the Frame rate between two points quickly which may come in handy in future. You are also able to perform custom benchmarks using Fraps.
You can even record videos efficiently using Fraps. It may come in handy, especially when wanting to record gaming videos. Not only does it capture the video, but it can also capture audio. Moreover, you can even record videos of around 7680×4800 with your preferred frame rates (1-120 FPS).
You are not bound to only capture videos. You can also catch a specific moment with the screenshot feature of Fraps through which you can take screenshots during your recording sessions as well. Then you can save it on your PC and use any time you want the picture.
Fraps can record any movies, games, or anything in incredible quality. You can thus record amazing videos with a click.
Minimum Installation Requirements of Fraps
If you want to download Fraps on your PC, then first ensure the conditions required for Fraps. Such requirements are as follows:
- The operating system required for Fraps is Windows 10, 8 and 7.
- Fraps can support all modern CPUs, which include Pentium 4 and above with SSE2.
- Graphics cards like NVIDIA GeForce or AMD Radeon will be best suited for Fraps.
- Other than that, no additional requirements for Fraps.
Download and install Fraps on PC
To download Fraps on your PC, you can follow the steps which are as follows:
1. Firstly, click on the download button provided here to download Fraps on your PC.
2. After that, you can save the setup file on your PC.
3. To save it, you can either click on ‘save’ (file will be saved on the ‘downloads’ folder) or ‘save as’ (you will get an option to keep it at your desired location).
4. After that, double click on the exe file that you have saved.
5. After that, a setup program will come up.
6. Then, you will have to follow the steps provided in the installer program.
7. Once you do that, please wait for it to install.
8. After that, you can get access to Fraps from your desktop.