If you are a person who has an interest in Biology, then FigTree is the software that you should have. Studying genetics is fun, but learning the structure of DNA is not an easy task.
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
Plants’ DNA has been changed to make them more productive, to make them adapt to the surroundings well, and also to study their reactions under different conditions.
Now, you can study the plants even when not near one. FigTree has been designed to examine the phylogenetic trees graphically. You can learn about the evolutionary developments that it goes through diagrammatically with the help of 3D structures.
The program has been generated using many types of files. The most common file used in FigTree is BEAST output files. At the same time, you require no prior knowledge of programming to use FigTree.
You can even modify the 3D graphics of FigTree to understand how the changes might be perceived. Similarly, you can change components, like rooting positions, node labels, tip labels, and scale axes. You can also get the FigTree software files in PDF format.
Key Features of FigTree
Study and Fun Simultaneously
You can study the phylogenetic trees and even have some fun. FigTree software is easy to use. You can customize the parts of trees to understand the changes. You no longer have to fix the Time Scale factor; it will be adjusted automatically. When bored, get charmed by the colorful graphics.
Export the Graphics in Multiple Formats
Apart from understanding how the trees’ genes are modified on a PC, you can also carry those files. The files of FigTree can be exported in the form of PDF, PNG, JPEG, and SVG. You can get print outs and present your ideas before others. You can even use the graphics to display your assignments creatively. Show off your right and left brain skills at the same time.
Do not like the default text and colors? Change them to your liking. You can alter the graphics, break them in half to understand. You can change the color scheme and text of the models as well. The interface is incredibly helpful. You can zoom in to see the minutest of the details and zoom out to understand the entire external structure.
Steps to Download and Install FigTree on PC
- Click on the following link to be directed to the FigTree page for downloading it on your PC: http://tree.bio.ed.ac.uk/download.html?name=figtree&id=90&num=2.
- Click on the Click Here to Start the Download button.
- Select the location where you want to download the FigTree location on your PC.
- After the FigTree software has been downloaded, open the application to launch it.
- Make the required changes and run the software to install it.
- Once the software is installed, open the software again and marvel at the graphics.
Steps to Download and Install FigTree on Mac
To install the FigTree software on your Mac, you will require the Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) or above.
- Firstly, download the Mac DMG file using this link given below: http://tree.bio.ed.ac.uk/download.html?name=figtree&id=90&num=1.
- Select the location to download the DMG file and then open it.
- Now, to install the software, drag the FigTree file to the Applications folder on your Mac.
- Eject the DMG file, and you are ready to use FigTree.