Are you searching for an IDE that can provide you with comprehensive facilities for the Java Programming language? If so, you can check out DrJava. DrJava is an IDE developed by the JavaPLT Group at Rice University. DrJava is used to write Java Programs. It is available to use with keeping in mind the necessities required by beginners for writing Java along with its intuitive interface.
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
DrJava is one of the best IDE for Java Programming Language that you can get. But you have to keep in mind that access to compilation in DrJava is only allowed if you have JDK (Java Development Kit) on your PC. DrJava comes with the ability through which it can evaluate Java Code and present output (both from the same console).
There are certain advanced features that DrJava can provide you. You can see some of such functions in this article. Also, the downloading procedure of DrJava is included here for your convenience.
Features of DrJava
Below, you can find some of the advanced features possessed by DrJava:
JUnit Test Facility
You can quickly test all the JUnit you want without any hassle. What you can do here is click on some testing options here and there, and your work will be complete.
Generate JavaDoc Documentation
You can also generate JavaDoc Documentation effortlessly for your java files. You can select from any of the java files you want and generate JavaDoc Documentation of the same.
Tracking down and eliminating bugs in your Java code is now effortless thanks to DrJava. Not only that, but you can also modify the values of fields and variables during the debugging process.
The DrJava IDE occupies less space on your PC> IT means that now you won’t have to think whether your HDD space is enough for such an IDE or not.
The user interface of DrJava is pretty simple. It contains an interactions pane for the evaluation of program text, an intelligent program editor, a unit testing tool, a debugger, and a new code coverage tool as well.
Minimum Installation requirements of DrJava
Before getting into the downloading procedure of DrJava, you need to ensure specific requirements that your system must meet for the installation of DrJava. Which are as follows:
- The operating system needed for DrJava for PC is Windows 10, 8 and 7.
- DrJava requires Java version5 or above.
- You need to install JDK as well.
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit processors can work.
Download and Install DrJava on PC
If you want to download DrJava on your Windows but you don’t know how they don’t worry at all. Follow the steps provided below to download DrJava:
As stated above, you need to install JDK on your PC to run DrJava efficiently. Follow the steps provided below to install it:
- First, you need to download the installer for JDK, make sure to download the latest version.
- After that, save the file at your desired location on your PC.
- Then you can get access to the installer from the location you saved it.
- After that, double click on the installer to run the setup program.
- Then, you can follow the steps provided in the JDK installer program.
- Once you do it, you can begin the downloading procedure for DrJava.
After you are over installing JDK on your PC, you have to download DrJava by following the steps given below:
- First, download DrJava (the latest version) by clicking on the download button.
- After that, save the program file on your desired location of the PC.
- Since the file that you have downloaded for DrJava is the program itself, you can access it by double-clicking on the file.
- And there you go! You can now use DrJava without any complications.