Developed by Microsoft, DirectX is a collection of APIs (Application Programming Interface) which is a tool for handling task which is usually related to Multimedia application and running high-end PC games. Direct3D is widely used in the development of games for Windows and Xbox consoles.
|FULL NAME:||DirectX11 for Windows|
|FILE SIZE||95.99 MB|
What is DirectX11?
Microsoft DirectX11 is great for making a Windows-based PC into an idea PC for running and displaying of animations that are rich in graphic, animation, full-color, and more. This is a tool that is quite secure and contains updates that enhance its performance. It is a licensed freeware software for Windows and it is free to download for all the users. This tool can be used in games to fully explore the latest video hardware and the current generation hardware.
DirectX11 is already included in Windows 7 and above and Server 2008 R2. For this version, no update has been provided. As the operating system upgrades further the DirectX upgrades too. The DirectX Runtime (Direct3D, DirectInput, Direct Sound) isn’t the part of the DirectX11 packages. However, it is already installed in the Windows operating system package. So, you cannot install or uninstall it although it can be updated by installing the latest Service Pack.
List of Features of DirectX11
Hardware and OS support: – By using a single set of functions, developers can target hardware feature levels. This version of DirectX11 is also available for Windows Vista even though its release date was in alignment with the Windows 10 release.
Multithread Device Improvement: – With the help of DirectX11 developers can drive a Graphics Processing Unit from a multi-core CPU easily and smoothly.
Tessellation: – Rendering Pipeline has three new stages which are brought by DirectX11 these include:- hull shader, tessellator, domain shader.
Texture Compression: – New compression formats are introduced by this DirectX11 (BC6 and BC7). These new formats help developers in bringing high quality with a reduction in any performance.
Shader Model: – The object-oriented concept is utilized by the Shader Model 5 which is introduced by the DirectX11, which reduces the pain of development of Shader and brings optimal support for double precision.
How to Download and Install DirectX
- Visit the DirectX download page on Microsoft’s site.
- Select the red Download button to save the setup file to your computer.
- Open the dxwebsetup.exe file and complete the DirectX installation by following directions from Microsoft’s website or the DirectX installation program. It should take less than a minute to install.
- Read carefully through the setup procedure. Don’t install Bing Bar accidentally. Just make sure you uncheck any software you don’t wish to install.
- If your system is missing any DirectX files, it will be replaced automatically.
- Finally, restart your computer. After restarting your computer, update the latest version of DirectX. See if this corrects the problem you were having.