DirectX 8.1 helps users to add amazing graphics effects to Microsoft Windows-based PC games. GeForce graphics cards deliver advanced DX12 features such as ray tracing and variable-rate shading, bringing games to life with ultra-realistic visual effects and faster frame rates. DirectX is a part of technologies that were designed to make computers more defined while playing games or running high-end applications, adjust visual colors, 3D animation and rich audio.
|FULL NAME:||DirectX 8.1|
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
DirectX 8.1 is licensed as freeware for Windows for both 32-bit and 64-bit PCs with restrictions and available to download for free.
Features of DirectX 8.1
- DirectX 8.1’s unique feature called DirectX Ray Tracing allows users to visualize real-life light simulation in games which gives beautiful and stunning graphics like global illumination, reflections and shadows.
- Partnering with Microsoft, DirectX 8.1 now has the ability to enable full DXR support on GeForce GPUs where the game is enhanced up to 3x the frame rates making ray-tracing at real-time possible for the very first time.
- Another feature available on DirectX 8.1 is the VRS. VRS stands for Variable Rate Shading and boosts GPUs performance by adjusting share rates at different parts of the game.
- DirectShow features helps accelerate the video rendering hardware and enhances low-level graphics capability.
- VRS enables Adaptive Shading that measures motion and changes in color from frame-to-frame to intelligently lower the shading rates in areas of the frame that do not require it.
- Users can also take advantage of other additional graphics features like the following:
1. Volume Tiled Resources
2. Conservative Raster
3. Raster Order Views
4. Tiled Resources
5. Typed UAV Access
6. Bindless Textures
7. Asynchronous Compute
Installation Requirements for DirectX 8.1
To install DirectX 8.1 on PC, make sure that the following requirements are met.
- PC – Make sure that your PC is on Windows 7 or higher with at least 4 GB of RAM.
- Compatibility Mode is enabled.
How to Download DirectX 8.1 on Windows
Follow the below steps to download and install DirectX 8.1 on your PC:
- Go to NVIDIA’s website, and go to Downloads.
- Click on Download Now.
- Select ‘Save’ to download the program. The file will be saved in the Downloads folder.
- If you want to save in a specified folder on your desktop, then click on ‘Save As’ and select the folder you want the program to be saved.
- After the download is complete click on the .exe file.
- The installation process will start.
- Run the installation package.
- Wait until the update completes
- Follow the Windows installation instructions and select options accordingly.
- Click on Finish to complete the installation.
- The program icon will appear on the desktop.
- Select the icon to start the application.