DirectX 12 is a GPU software that helps users to add amazing graphics effects to Microsoft Windows-based PC games. A subdivision of NVIDIA’s GeForce department, the powerful graphics cards help deliver advanced DX12 features such as ray tracing and variable-rate shading, helping gamers to experience their games to life with ultra-realistic visual effects and faster frame rates. DirectX is a part of technologies that were designed to make computers more defined while playing games or running high-end applications, adjust visual colours, 3D animation and rich audio.
|FULL NAME:||DirectX 12|
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
DirectX12 is licensed as freeware for Windows for both 32-bit and 64-bit type PC users with a certain set of restrictions and is available to download for free for all users.
Features of DirectX 12
- DirectX 12’s unique feature called DirectX Ray Tracing allows users to visualize real-life light simulation in high-end games which gives beautiful and stunning graphics like global illumination, reflections and shadows. These help gamers to have a real-world experience in the game.
- In a quest to enable full quality graphics capability, DirectX has partnered with Microsoft, enabling DirectX 12 to now have the ability to enable full DXR support on GeForce GPUs where the game is enhanced up to 3x the frame rates making ray-tracing at real-time possible for the very first time. This is a first-of-its-kind type of technology and is widely appreciated by gamers all over.
- Another feature available on DirectX 12 is the VRS. VRS stands for Variable Rate Shading and boosts GPUs performance by adjusting share rates at different parts of the game. This helps the game to adjust frame rates according to where the frame rates are required the most and where they have to adjust with a minimal setting giving the player a seamless gaming experience.
- DirectX12 divides the CPU-GPU load that helps the CPU to reduce the graphic calculations load allowing the GPU to take care of the rendering.
- Improved Debugging of data and commands that allow developers to build high-performance games with reliable data seamlessly without the need of searching for a root cause for a bug.
- VRS enables Adaptive Shading features that measure motion and changes in color from frame-to-frame to intelligently lower the game’s shading rates in areas of the frame that do not require many rates of shades enabling smooth processing of the game and not giving away too much shading at unnecessary areas.
- Users can also take advantage of other additional graphics features like the following:
1. Volume Tiled Resources
2. Conservative Raster
3. Raster Order Views
4. Tiled Resources
5. Typed UAV Access
6. Bindless Textures
7. Asynchronous Compute
Installation Requirements for DirectX 12
To install DirectX 12 on PC, make sure that the following requirements are met.
- PC – Make sure that your PC is on Windows 7 or higher with at least 4 GB of RAM.
- Compatibility Mode is enabled.
How to Download DirectX 12 on Windows
Follow the below steps to download and install DirectX 12 on your PC:
- Go to NVIDIA’s website, and go to Downloads.
- Click on Download Now.
- Select ‘Save’ to download the program. The file will be saved in the Downloads folder.
- If you want to save in a specified folder on your desktop, then click on ‘Save As’ and select the folder you want the program to be saved.
- After the download is complete click on the .exe file.
- The installation process will start.
- Run the installation package.
- Wait until the update completes
- Follow the Windows installation instructions and select options accordingly.
- Click on Finish to complete the installation.
- The program icon will appear on the desktop.
- Select the icon to start the application.