If you need to add virtual DVD drives to your PCs then you need an image burning tool for that, and the best one out there is Daemon Tool Lite. This is free burning software that enables its user to create virtual drives on PCs.
These virtual drives work in the same way as your physical drives, also helps in storing your important content on the hard disk with few simple steps.
|FULL NAME:||Daemon Tools Lite for Windows|
|FILE SIZE||791 KB|
What is Daemon Tools Lite?
A Daemon Tools Lite acts as an emulator, which acts like an actual disk driver which uses the concept of hardware virtualization. In the concept of hardware virtualization, the users of the computer and PC devices use virtual drives with the help of this software to implement an actual optical disk drive.
But this concept is used in piracy too. The Daemon Tools Lite is used to create virtual optical disk drives for software piracy as early PC games used some methods to ensure its licensed usage but these methods were outsmarted by this virtual disk drive. Due to this, in today’s time, the upcoming latest games and software have adopted the method of online product activation to reduce software piracy.
Features of Daemon Tool
It is one of the most popular and easy to use software out there as compared to its counterparts. There are many reasons for its popularity such as first of all it is compatible with all platforms, ease in burning, and creation of virtual disk.
Hence it can mount most of the disc images, thus creating ISO, MDS, MDF, and MDX Format of different types of the disc such as Blu-Rays, CDs, DVDs. Using this software the ISO files can be burned to USBs easily.
- Creating Backup:-The primary use of this software is that with the help of this software you can create a backup copy of the contents on physical CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays to your hard-disk drive. One can emulate up to four virtual devices at once using the Free Software.
- Creating Iso Files:- Another feature of this software is to create iso files and MDS files from physical CDs, DVDs.
- Unlimited Devices:- This software simultaneously allows the usage of more than four devices.
- Sharing:- Allows the sharing of the image of any file to any other PC or mobile device.
- Simple and StraightForward Interface:- The interface of this software is quite easy to use even for those who aren’t tech-oriented. This software is quite light and occupies less space and hence necessary for those laptops or PC which don’t have an optical disk drive.
Installation Requirements for Daemon Tools Lite for PC
If you want to run DAEMON Tools Lite on your PC, it has to meet the following minimum system requirements:
- 500 MHz CPU;
- 1024 MB RAM;
- 30 MB of free space available in the target installation directory.
DAEMON Tools Lite supports the following operating systems:
- Windows XP (up to 10.2), Windows Vista (up to 10.2), Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
How to Download And Install Daemon Tools Lite for PC
DAEMON Tools Lite is free imaging software with lots of features. To start using it, you need to install the program following the steps below:
- Download DAEMON Tools Lite installer from the here and double-click it. In this case, you will get DTLiteInstaller.exe — a small tool that will help you install the program. If you have downloaded the setup file from other resources, go to Step 4.
- Choose the license type and wait until DAEMON Tools Lite Installer is downloading the setup files.
- Paid License allows you to install DAEMON Tools Lite on three PCs, get lifetime updates for free, be one of the first in the support queue, and avoid third-party offers during the installation and update process. You can also choose Use for commercial purposes while in the cart if you need DAEMON Tools Lite for business.
- Free License allows you to use DAEMON Tools Lite without any charge for non-commercial purposes. Note that if you choose Free License, third-party offers will appear in the setup wizard and full support is not guaranteed.
- Click the Install button.
- DAEMON Tools Lite installer opens. If you chose Paid License, you need to enter Serial number, or if you don’t have one — purchase the license. If you chose Free License you need to simply press Agree and Continue.
- Press Configure setup options… to manage the available options.
- Wait till the installation process finishes:
- Click on Run to finish the installation and run the application.