Are you fond of the handheld console video game that use to have a small screen, play buttons embedded in a rectangular setup? Those amazing old-school games were a perfect past-time for people of all age groups. Worry not! Now, you can play those astounding video games in your PC using the ‘Citra Emulator’. Citra is the first-ever emulator for the Nintendo 3DS games on your PC.
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
Citra is developed by Citra Team in the C++ programming language. The Emulator got this name from the model name of the original 3DS console. A plethora of games can be played on this emulator and it works well with X64 CPU. Citra is an open-software with a free trial available for Windows, macOS and Linux. More than 170 developers contributed to this magnificent project on GitHub and gave it this present compatible form.
The first game to be launched on Citra was ‘The Legends on Zelda’. Some other Android games such as Pokemon, Sonic Generations, Animal Crossing, Pikachu, etc. can also be played on Citra. Citra has recently launched the Beta version for Android. In conclusion, to enjoy the nostalgic Nintendo 3DS games on your PC, try out this fabulous emulator.
System Requirements for Citra
Citra is the first-ever emulator for Nintendo 3DS video games. It is designed and tested by experts to work fine on the three major Operating Systems. Hence, it supports X64 Windows 7/8/10, macOS, and Linux. Developers do not suggest running Citra on X32 CPU. One primary requirement for Citra is a graphics chip that supports open GL 3.3 and above. There must be a disk space of 4GB or more for Bluestacks to run on your PC, using which you can get the Citra app. The performance depends on your processor.
How to Download and Install Citra (Beta) on PC using Bluestacks
BlueStacks is an application that allows you to run Android apps on your PC conveniently. Follow the steps below to download and run the Citra (Beta) app on your PC.
- Download and install the Bluestacks software on your PC from the official website. It is free to download and has a convenient interface.
- After installation, launch the application on your PC.
- On the displayed window of the app, go to My Apps button in the Emulator section and click it.
- In the search bar, type “Citra Emulator 3DS [Beta]” and press the search button.
- You could find a list of results, choose the first one.
- Install the app from the list.
- You need to log in to your google account in order to access the Google Playstore app to download Citra emulator using Bluestacks.
- After login, the installation process will begin for Citra 3DS Emulator. Finish the installation and click on it to open the emulator and enjoy playing your favourite games.
How to Download and Install Citra (Beta) on PC using Nox
To install the ‘Citra Emulator’ on your PC, you can also use the Nox application. Follow the steps below to install the Citra [Beta] app using Nox App Player.
- Download and install the Nox app player software on your PC from the official website. Nox is an efficient and easy to use Android Emulator.
- After the installation process ends, run the Nox application on your PC.
- You need to login to your Google Account before using this app on your PC.
- In the search tab, type “Citra 3DS Emulator [Beta]” and press the search button.
- From the search results, install Citra 3DS Emulator on your Nox Emulator.
- Launch the application after installation to enjoy playing your favourite games on Citra application.