Sharing is an integral part of any healthy community, and the same goes for the Internet. One of the many ways of sharing files over the web is torrents. Torrenting means the act of downloading or uploading data through the BitTorrent network. What happens in BitTorrent Network is that instead of a central server, users upload/download files to/from other users’ systems. One could get the idea of the popularity of torrents from the fact that they account for over 50% of traffic on the Internet. The torrenting and widespread network and all might seem complicated, but it is pretty easy to get started with torrents. BitTorrent download client is all that you will need.
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
BitComet is one of the best BitTorrent/HTTP/FTP download clients out there with support for many modern BitTorrent protocols like Magnet Link, HTTP Seeding, DHT network, UDP tracker Protocol v2. Since it requires a significantly less amount of your computer’s resources, you don’t have to worry about it taking a toll on your computer’s RAM or Disc usage. Minimal requirements also mean that even if you have a low-end computer, that won’t be a problem. And all that is available to you free of cost.
1. Platforms supported:
a. Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 / Vista (Both 32 Bit and 64 Bit)
b. Windows XP/ 2003/ 2000 (32 Bit)
c. Windows 98/Me (v1.20 Zip package only)
2. Language Support: BitComet supports 53 languages from around the globe
3. License: Freeware to be used at home (non-commercial)
4. Additional Requirements: None
1. Fast and Powerful:
BitComet looks for mirror servers to download the file from and downloads it from multiple servers at the same time to increase download speed by 300% or more.
2. Long-Term seeding:
Many torrent downloads get stuck at 99%. To tackle this, BitComet uses long-term seeding to find more seeds so that the download takes place smoothly.
3. Intelligent Disk caching:
BitComet caches data in the memory and thus has to access your hard drive less often.
4. Preview while downloading:
When downloading videos, BitComet tries to prioritize downloading header and tail files so that you could watch the video while it downloads.
Setting up BitComet on Windows
1. Go to https://www.BitComet.com/en
2. On the BitComet Homepage, click on ‘Downloads’ on the top right corner of the screen
3. Alongside the specifications there would be a Download button, click on it to start downloading BitComet
4. Once the download is finished, browse to the folder where you downloaded it
5. Double click BitComet_setup.exe BitComet installer would open up
6. Click Agree
7. Click Next
8. Click on browse if you want to change the installation folder or if you want to go with the default folder skip to step 9
9. Choose the folder where you want to install BitComet and click Ok
10. Click Next
11. The installer would prompt you to download additional software
12. Click on Accept if you’re going to install it else click on Decline
13. After the installation is finished click on Close to Launch BitComet
Setting up BitComet on Mac
1. Visit the website https://www.BitComet.com/en
2. Click on ‘Downloads’ on the top right corner of the BitComet Homepage
3. To start downloading BitComet, click on the Download button present alongside the specifications
4. After the download, browse to the folder where you downloaded it
5. Double click BitComet dmg file and BitComet installer would open up
6. Click Agree on terms and conditions
7. Click Next
8. The installer would prompt you to download additional software
9. Click on Accept or Decline as per your preference
10. Click on Close to Launch BitComet once the installation is finished