Audacity is a recording software application. At the end of 1999, Audacity was started by Dominic Mazzoni and Roger Dannenberg at Carnegie Mellon University. The first version 0.8 released on May 8, 2000.
|FILE SIZE||1.8 GB|
It’s most popular download as of October 24, 2020, was from Fosshub. Since March 2015, a hundred million downloads have happened. Earlier, downloads were done from Google Code and Sourceforge. Total combined downloads were 120 million. For the years 2007 and 2009, Audacity won the Community Choice Award for Best Project for Multimedia. By adding effects such as normalization, trimming, and fading in and out, you can use Audacity for post-processing of all types of audio.
Perhaps Audacity is one of the best audio solutions on the market. It’s flexible and easy to use. Audacity aggregates multiple tracks and attenuates each separately. Records live studio. Also known as open-source software as their source code is available for anyone to use or study.
KEY FEATURES –
1. Recording and playing back sounds– Scrubbing (Version2.1.3 and later). When a recording begins time record enables the user to schedule and ends to make an unattended recording. From 2.2.0 onwards, MIDI playback is available. For editing on the fly, punch and roll recording is useful from version 2.3.0 onwards.
2. Editing– Through the cut, copy and paste, with uncountable levels of undoing. Modern multitrack audio software features including single track edit, project pano, navigation controls to zoom and XY project navigation, audio file manipulate(cut, copy, paste), non-destructive and destructive effect processing.
3. Cross-platform– Functions on Windows, Mac OS, and Unix-like systems, including (Linux and BSD). Audacity provides a similar graphical user interface on several different operating systems by using the widgets software library.
4. An extensive range of digital effects and plug-ins -With Nyquist, a lisp dialect, you can write additional effects. It features in-built Nyquist plug-in support, LADSPA and VST (32 bit). Noise can be minimized on the sampling of noise reduction. For the creation of karaoke tracks and isolated vocal tracks, vocal reduction and isolation are done. Adjust the audio pitch and speed while maintaining speed and pitch. For effect, I’ve settlers across sessions saving and loading of user presets is done from (2.1.0 onward).
5. Multitrack mixing– While recording the detection of dropout errors with an overburdened CPU. Audacity supports multi-channel modes with 32 bits per sample and sample rates up to 96 kHz. Audio spectrum analysis utilizing the courier transform algorithm. Without downloading, the online manual is available.
How to download and introduce Audacity on PC-
- From a browser, search for http://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
- For windows, click Audacity.
- Select “Audacity 2.1.3 installer” from the next screen. An .exe file will download.
- Mostly .exe file is available in the Downloads folder. Navigate to the location where the home file was saved after downloading is finished.
- Follow the steps of the installer after double click on .exe file.
How to download and install Audacity on Mac-
- From a web browser, search for http://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
- Select “Audacity for MAC OS X/macOS.
- Select “Audacity2.3.0.dmg file” from the next screen. A .dmg file will download.
- Navigate to the location the .dmg file is saved. Usually, it’s in the Downloads folder after downloading is finished.
- Double-tap the .dmg file. Drag and drop the Audacity icon to the Applications folder from the new window. The program will install.
- By right-clicking on the icon and selecting Eject, the installer will eject from the desktop.